Speaker/amplifier advice

Mike Raine
Hi,

I hope there is a knowledgable enthusiast out there who can advise me of options to maximise my stereo equipment.
Until recently, my set up was as follows:
Kenwood KRF V5030D-S Amplifier/Tuner which has 5 outputs 8-16 ohms, front, surround and center.
The front speakers are Bose 701 Direct/reflecting, 4-8 ohms, 200W IEC.
The surround speakers are monitor kits 8 ohms, each speaker having Morel MW166 ( 6.5 inch ) 200W and a Morel MDT30S ( 1 inch ) tweeter.

I have recently aquired a Bose Acoustimass 5 series II direct/reflecting 4-8 ohms.

Is there a way to play the amp through all of the speakers?
I am interested in volume AND quality.
Is it naughty and dangerous to play 4 speakers out of the front speaker outputs i.e. twisting wires together.
What happens to the impedance when you do this. Can you calculate the 'effective' impedance ?

Regards,
Mike

If you couple more than one speaker on to an amp on the same output, it really messes with the impendance and could easily blow/fry the amp. Especially the ones you are talking about. I would not recommend this on any amp, even the highest quality amps in the world. Also, if you hook up 2 wires to one speaker from a terminal on the amp, all that is is bi-wiring but those Bose cant handle that unless the 701's have dual binding posts. If you have any more questions just email me at Godisthetruth10@aol.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us