Bronze Member
Username: Europa760

Post Number: 13
thats not very nice

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3030
OK, it's a tie.
How's that? Especially with your system and your room, considering your listening style.
Absolutely a tie.
6:5 and pick 'em.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ooooorrrr, one can just pretend and say which one they like better if they had heard either.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ok fine.

I just moved out of my parents house last year into my own smallish apt, about 480 sq ft. But as a gift, my parents got me this aiwa stereo with a 3 cd changer, but obviously the speakers could be better. theyre not bad, they kick out a ton of bass, but not enough.

ive been out of college for 6 years now and i learned a lot about home theater, im not as knowledgeable as you guys, but i'm passionate and hope i can be as expertical as you guy. My aiwa has several sets of rca inputs so i can watch my star wars laserdiscs AND my lord of the rings trilogy dvds.

I know you guys were just jabbing at me making fun of my speakers and saying i have a rash, but its comments like that, that let me know i'll fit right in.

Don't you guys hate jar jar binx?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
my listening style: I listen to things with vigor, almost like i have a chip on my shoulder.

I like 2 channel music and all, but it just sounds better with the simulated surround of my aiwa. It sounds fuller. But of course, thats mianly with the stock aiwas.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
what, everyones so quiet

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3418
What's to say? Your Aiwa won't likely drive either in a satisfactory way. Since to drive either of them with "vigor" would likely blow either of them up, I recommend you keep what you have and spare the other speakers the pain. Good luck.....to your speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1419
To elaborate on what Art's saying, speakers generally don't blow up because of too much power. Rather, they almost always blow up because they're not getting enough power.

When you push an amplifier passed its limits, it "clips," or distorts. This distortion is the real enemy. Your Aiwa most likely doesn't have enough real world power (what's written is generally crap) to drive either pair of speakers safely.

In order to get your speakers playing at a normal or even loud level, you'll have to crank up the volume. The more you turn it up, the more distortion. The more distortion (especially when using the sound fields), the bigger chances of ruining the speakers.

You're better off spending the money on a new receiver/integrated amp and CD player at this point. After that, save up money and buy better speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
but it has a 3 cd changer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us