Possible to get "car audio loud" in a home audio setup?

Username: I_likes_da_bass

Post Number: 2
I love extremely loud music and am wondering if it is possible to get the same heart pounding bass and ear shattering highs in a home audio setup as you have in a car? If so, what would be the best recommendations.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2959
Loaded Klipch horn speakers, check the pawn shop for 15" bass bins(band broke up) and behringer amps.A couple of 'em.
Badda boom badda bing.

Bronze Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Plainfield, IL USA

Post Number: 42
Sure, just build a 6'x6'x5' dedicated home theater room.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1591
Kidding aside, you should be more careful with your hearing or you won't be enjoying it for long.

But for all-out loudness, the number you have to look up is speaker sensitivity, expressed in dB at 1m and 1W input. Some Klipsch horn-loaded speakers that Nuck mentionned have a rating of 104 dB/1W/1m. 100 Watts per channel into those are as loud as 4000 Watts per channels into avearge 88 dB/1W/1m speakers (if they could take it, and if the power was avalaible cleanly). I have 4 of them in my HT/stereo setup.

Brands with high sensivity speakers include Klipsch, Cervin Vega, JBL, and other horn-loaded designs. For more vintage gear on ebay and elsewhere.

Username: I_likes_da_bass

Post Number: 4
Thanks, I'll check into those.

P.S. I am careful with how loud I play my music. If my ears start to ring or get pressure build up, I turn it down.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1084
PF, son, and I use that term because it seems like you are very young, by the time your ear starts to ring or get pressure build up, there is already damage done to it.

Bronze Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 59
Remeber to keep ur small little head phones down on your ipod

Gold Member

Post Number: 2993
This came up a while ago, and I mentioned not hearing someone slipping into my house, and not being able to hear a child call for help anymore.

Turn it down, man.

Bronze Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 61
Take it from Nuke 2993posts he has to no what he is talking about

And it just commen sense

Gold Member

Post Number: 3019
Actually, Kyle, you can count on one hand how often I am right.
This is the thumb.

And yes, it is common sense.(The least common of all senses).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us