Yamaha NS1000x with NAD c-372???

Username: Loli

Post Number: 1
i have plan update old amply , NAD c-372 150w/ch with old speaker Yamaha NS-1000x sound bad or good?
thank.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8676

The personality of each unit is the polar opposite of the other. If this is how you would prefer to listen, with a BandAid over each other's offending parts, then that's your right. I think you would do better to get two pieces which compliment each other.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2925
bad, bad bad.

Post Number: 2
sorry, i don't think so.
Why bad , you hear it play?
i'm bring from my friend NAD c-320BEE and connect with my spk Yamaha NS1000x, sound very good, better my old ampli Yamaha MX-1000.
My current CD NAD-542 , i hope comlete NAD will better.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8677

Then why did you ask?

Post Number: 3
Because i unused NAD C-372, unknow they to collaborate together. Who used give me advice,thank.

Post Number: 4
Because i'm unused NAD C-372, unknow they to collaborate together. Who used give me advice,thank.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2950
The Nad's together will be 100x beter than any Yamaha you can find.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2951
Nad=good
Yamaha=bad

In any language Nad is good.

Your English is very good, Loi.Please stay here a while.

Post Number: 5
I bought NAD C372(600us$) and result very good, balance, dynamics, good quality tone controls, musicality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3052
Very good, Loli!
Now about those speakers...

Silver Member
Username: Ravbains

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 176
If I understand correctly, the NS1000X is the Japanese version of the old NS1000M.

Both speakers have tweeter and mid-range made of Berrylium. 20 years ahead of the current ressurgence of Berrylium tweetered speakers (e.g. JM Lab/Focal).

I believe the X is an updated version with a carbon fibre woofer cone.

The NS1000M is a speaker with a fabled reputation, of very clear open midrange, and extended treble, also the bass is reputed to be very deep and fast (since it is a sealed box, not the usual reflex loading).

I would think it is quite possible that the NS1000X sounds 'okay' or even 'nice' or 'good' with humble NAD electronics.

But with a speaker of such a high calibre of the NS1000X it is a travesty.

The NS1000X deserves to mated with equipment of a much higher league to make a balanced system. I have read that Naims are a poor match for the NS1000, something more even handed would be required eg Gamut, Lavardin, Krell, Bryston etc (i.e. high quality solid state amplifiers). With such an amp, and source of matching quality, I would guess that the NS1000X will produce an amazing level of performance.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8849

Timely advice.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3389
So now I seek out Yamaha speakers to hear, of all things.
Ya'll figgure these to be a good Rock/Blues speaker with the Classe power?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3394
Naww, they were good then, newer designs shut them down.

Silver Member

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 179
Hi Nuck, Jan,

as to the timeliness of my advice, please blame my employer. In any case I don't think the original poster really wanted to find a truly complementary amplifier.

Nuck: I really dig the NS1000M, it can compete with anything out there today. There may be a caveat about crossover components degrading, but this speaker is surely deserving of some TLC, and appropriate restoration.

I am not sure, but I think up until a few years ago the NS1000X was still in production in Japan. It may still be a living thing I don't know for sure.

From my memories I think contemporary designs would struggle to compete against a NS1000M/X especially if you compared on a dollar for dollar basis.

IMHO a true classic of a speaker, hence my comments, even if they were just a tad tardy.....

Silver Member

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 180
PS If I see a good pre-loved NS1000M or even better the X model, I will buy them.

Silver Member

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 181
PPS Also should I find a pair of NS1000M/X provided the Berryllium drivers are un-harmed, I know just the guy in Melbourne to perform speaker restoration work....... :-)

Post Number: 6
Yes, exactly Ravider.
You understand of this line.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us