Amplifier Questions

Don Crise
I am looking into different home audio components that I can add to my existing system, in particular a amplifier. However, I am confused regarding the different types of amps and just how they would better serve my system.

Currently, I have a reciever, and cd/dvd player, and equalizer hooked up to 2 sets of speakers. I enjoy loud music and clear music so I was contemplating purchasing an amplifier. However, there's a pre-amp, an integrated amp, and a power amp and I don't know what I should be looking at? Doesn't a reciever essentially have a built in amp? I mean what's the main difference between all these types of amps? and am I correct is stating I wouldn't want to get an amp that stepped up the sound more than the maximum wattage of my speakers? What do most common systems look like?

Surely, a person doesn't need all three types of amps? I would appreciate any assistance and advice you can provide. Thank you.

Hi Don
Here's the scoop to the best of my knowledge.
A pre amplifier is the controller of a system - it has an input selector, volume control and sometimes tone and balance controls etc.
The power amp is as it sounds, it connects to a pre amp and puts out the power to the speakers.
A pre amp and power amp combined in one box is called an integrated amp.
An integrated amp with a radio tuner built in is called a receiver.
Now as to your situation: While some integrated amps have what are called "pre outs" for connecting an extra power amp I do not know of any receivers which have this feature. You can check your back panel for this but I doubt that you will have this option.
Sorry to say but I would suggest your best options would be to upgrade to a better receiver, or better yet check some separates systems. There is some very good reasonably priced stuff out there ( i.e. Cambridge Audio, NAD, Rotel,Arcam to name just a few) which will blow away any receiver. The trick is to find a good, helpful dealer in your area.
Hope this helps.

Anonymous
I am looking to improvements to the schematic of the amplifier British Build BB100 and some ideas to make the sound better and more fiable.Hope that anyone could help pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

J.P. Yulo
I own a very modest sound system consisting of a pair of Polk Audio RT25i book shelf speakers with matching PSW 350 subs. Currently, they are powered by (an old) Denon PMA 520 integrated stereo amplifier. Our local dealer is having an inventory sale and is offering me a never been used Adcom GCA 510 control amplifier for $300.00 Should I make the switch? What do you think? Your opinions and advice will be deeply appreciated.

howard lim
is DENON amps better than YAMAHA amps in terms of sound and features please help

howard lim
whats the difference between DENON avr-1602 model and YAMAHA rxv800 model whats better please help me decide what to buy

D.
Hi Howard,
It depends on what models of DENON and YAMAHA.
In general DENON makes better stereo amps and YAMAHA are experts in home cinema.

The differences between 1602 and 800 are -
The 1602 has Prologic 2.
The 800 is much better in home cinema and has pre-outs for all 6 channels(which means you can connect an external amp the improve the stereo sound).
I recommend the 800 unless you need prologic 2.

I am looking at investing a good chunk of change into a home stereo system ie. around $3500.00.

So far, I've looked at what I believe to be some quality components such as the new naim NAIT integrated amp, ProAc studio 125s' and an Arcam cd72 cd player.

Are there any audfiles out there that can add some other options?

thanks

Ok...I have a yahama 5560 and I am useing the pre outs to a 3 year old(I think)adcom gfa7000. From there the left and right goto this years jbl s312 and the center to this years s center(3 way). I am also useing jbl's powered 400 watt 12 inch sub. All connections are atleast monster z. I work at a very large retail chain so everything buy the adcom I got for almost 1/2 retail price. The amp I got for $275. The amp is thx cert. but the 5560 and the speakers are not, how much preformance am I losing? Would It be a wise move to get thx cert. speakers? Or should I sell all stuff and start over...

Is it possible to wire two Rockford amps together to run subs. I want to run two subs and have two different sized amps. Can I combine their power to run both subs equally?

DS
Patrick,

This may not fit your budget, but I recently acquired the Innersound ESL amp and I am convinced it is as good as it gets at any price. It puts out 300/600 watts at 8/4 ohms. It is extremely neutral and dynamic, but it needs a good preamp that has a clean chassis (electrically). They also make a highly praised preamp and fine electrostatic speakers, but I don't have personal experience with them. Their website is innersound.net. The ESL amp lists foor $2,995, but you can find good used samples at audiogon.com.

DS

Please, can I receive schematic diagram BB100's integrated amplifier?
Many thanks

I'm currently set up with the MX-1000 power amp and would like to upgrade my control amp. The CX-1000 is no longer available which,I know is a good fit, so I'd like to know if the CX-2/3 would be a good fit? I'm especially looking for something with adequate power resources, ie. running the pa power through.

Michael Hawksbig
Matt C
NO can't be done

L. Hennessey
I recently pulled out an old akai record player out of my basement and hooked it up to see if it would work. It was always well looked after and seems quite brand new. I have a question: There are two spekers A and B, each with a positive and negative input. But on the back of the Amplifier there is an output for Speaker A(left negative and left postive) (right negative and right positive) and B(left negative and left postive) (right negative and right positive). Four extra spaces then I have wires. How do I hook this up?
Model # AM-2200

Okay, you guys (Mr. Boucher, specifically) touched on a question I had asked on another board and had no reply. I am also curious about hooking a seperate amplifier(s) up to my integrated amplifier.

I already have a fairly decent home theathre set-up powered by a Yamaha DSP-1092A integrated amp. I will be buying a house in the not too distant future and would like to turn the 3rd bedroom into a listening room for stereo only (powered by seperates). My question is, in the meantime, if I were to purchase a stereo amp, or two monoblocks, can they be hooked up to my Yamaha in order to use them for both stereo listening and for the front channels in home theatre? And, if this is possible, I am not quite clear on how the integrated amp "knows" to use the onboard amp, or external amp to power the mains.

Also, someone said that your amp would have "pre-outs" if they can accept alternate amplification - is that how they are usually labeled on the back?

Thanks,
Dave

Anonymous
i just purchased a plasma pioneer tv 4330hd from u guys and am intersted in giving it surround sound. I have a complete bose am 7 system that i would like to hook it up to. Do I need a seperate amp for this? If so, is there one u can recommend that will suffice to do this specific job within a reasonable price range.

Daniel
Hey i was wondering if it is possiable to connect a car amplifier to my home mini system as i wanna power another 2 subs off it?

i have a couple of questions:
1. i purchased a used Alpine 3555 amplifier and connected it to my car's Blaupunkt head unit and a set of 6x9 Infinity speakers. the amp powers the speakers for 10 - 15 minutes before it starts cutting off. it cuts off and then will cut back on for a second or 2 before cutting off again. when i feel the amp, it does not feel hot at all...bareley even warm. so it does not seem as though it is overheating. i am sure the wiring is correct, as it is pretty straight forward. the power lead is fused within inches of the battery and the ground wire is solidly connected to the metal car body only inches from the amp. any ideas as to why the amp starts shutting down??
my Blaupunkt head unit is rated at about 55 watts per channel @ 4 ohm. which leads to my 2nd question...
2. since my head unit is 57.5 watts per channel....do i gain ANYTHING by putting in an amplifier that is anything less then 57.5 watts per channel?

Anonymous
May I know why the Negative feedback of amplifier can reduce the gain,give high independent and why it ca improve the gain stability?

why it give bandwidth,distortion and noise?
thank you....

Anonymous
Hi

I have a magnum amp that is about 10 years old. It has just stopped on me and I am wondering if I can get it fixed. If so can you recommend a place.

I would like to know more informatin about the yamaha mx 800 and the kenwood basic m2 amps.
Can they drive a pair of Martin Logan Aeons?

Thanks, jim

I have an old jukebox (wurlitzer 1550)that is in extremly good condition that I want to install a good CD system in the lower part where it cannot be seen. I have a Sony model 450 changer and 5 speakers but I need an amplifier or a receiver. Since I am 71 years old and retired, I am limited on the amount of money I can spend. Does anyone have any suggestions?

please, wher can we find the site of SYNN amplifiers and preamplifiers
SYNN semms a good mark..
musicpartnersorganisation@wanadoo.fr

thanks a lot

I'm looking for informations abour SYNN products
PO8 and CO8. The first is an amplifier and the second is a preamplifier.
I've looked for on the web and I can't find SYNN industry. If somebody can hel me
Thanks a lot

1. What will happen if 4 ohm speakers are connected to the 6 ohm amplifier? I mean, other than increasing the sound pressure, can it harm speakers / amplifier in any way ?

2. Which amplifier suits good "Jamo E800" speakers? ONKYO ampli or Denon Ampli ?

Anonymous
I have bought an old AKAI Stereo Itegrated Amplifier AM-2350.
Could someone please tell me what the watts/channel would be!

I have a NAD 306 amplifier that is about 8 years old. It's trouble.So,I'm looking for the circuity diagram about NAD 306 amplifier. If somebody can help me.
Thanks a lot .

i HAVE A NAKAMICHI AV500 STEREO RECIEVER AND BOUGHT AN EXTERNAL AMPLIFIER SO I COULD USE THE NAKAMICHI TO POWER SOME 4 OHM SPEAKERS. THE PROBLEM IS,MY RECIEVER DOESN'T HAVE A PRE-OUT OUTPUT ON ITS REAR PANEL.I WENT TO A SOUND STORE AND THEY TOLD ME THAT I COULD USE THE RECORD OUT ON THE REAR PANEL,BUT IT DOESN'T SAY OUTPUT ON IT. WHEN I TRIED THIS THE SEPERATE CD PLAYER BYPASSED THE RECIEVER AND I COULD ONLY USE THE VOLUME CONTROLS ON THE EXTERNAL AMP.IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTIONS I CAN TRY, TO HOOK THIS AMP UP WITHOUT GETTING RID OF MY NAKAMICHI?

Anonymous
Jaimin : Both amps are pretty good for Jamo, especially higher end models. Check www.hifichoice.com for reviews.

For Milton Hobbs Sr. : There are two possibilities. One is Sherwood RD-7100 at www.etronics.com for $134 + ship. It is the best sounding surround receiver for the money. Another thing you can do is buy used at www.ebay.com high end model Yamaha, denon, or onkyo. $1000+ ones can be had for $200 used. You might want to get a better CD player though. Usually single players sound the best. On ebay, look for CD players by NAD, or a Sony DVD-NS500v (www.plazmaplus.com - $169) - also plays dvds if you don't have one. You can get good sounds on a budget if you do research and look around on ebay. Email me if you have further questions - gonglee3@hotmail.com

can i connect a car amplifier to my home system to run a sub and if so how do i connect it up

brandon donahue
i want to run two amps in my s10;;;; is it possible to do so without running 2 seperate battery wires

i have two power acoustik sub woofers 500 at 4 ohmswatts a piece. i am not real familiar with this type of stuff could you tell me what i should look for in a amp as far as the technical part of it and maybe recommend an amp.i just want to get my moneys worth and not get cheated. thanks

I'm looking for a schematic diagram for AKAI AA940 amplifier. How can I get it? Thanks

I'm looking for a schematic diagram for SOLTON SP1200 amplifier. How can I get it? Thanks

Anonymous
The Akai AM-2350 has a nominal power of 35 Watts per channel with 8 Ohm speakers, measured acc. to FTC: 20 Hz - 20 kHz. The maximum (peak output) is 70 Watts per channel.

Anonymous
Everytime I turn on my stereo in my car my subs come on for one second , then they kick off and my protect light on my amplifier comes on. I have checked for wires touching and i am grounded well. Is there anything else it could be?

Anonymous
To the guy with the s-10, I have ran two amps in my car before and there are a couple of options. You can run two seperate power cables one from each amp and bridge them and run one cable to the battery. Or you can run two seperate cables but it would be easier to bridge.*

I have a Wurlitzer 1550 that fixs an amplifier model 516 and I also have the auxiliary amplifier 227: I need the cables to connect the 2 amplifier (you can see the photo at page 40 of the original manual). Thanks!!

Choice between Onkyo 696, Marantz 6200, Marantz 6300, Pioneer 811S

I would like to build up a home theatre system and I need help in choice of an amp among the 4 above. Which of them would you recommend?

King Nero

Anonymous
I own a Nikko stereo system and am looking for some anwsers to this ?
Why when i power up my system, the protect will not switch off, normally it will stay on for 5-10 sec. then shut off and the music will come through. what would be causing this to happen and does anyone no what kind of repair is needed to correct this problem?
would be grateful for any imput or trouble shotting to my problem. thanks and rock on

I have a question that has been bugging me lately. i just bought a pair of the new (03 model) black sony 12" subs, and a new sony 480 2 channel amp. i am bridging the amp to 240, but my question is this: i would like to hook it up in my basement, but i dont know how i can get power to it. where can i find a converter for the power cable? i hope somebody can help me!

Those of you with car audio questions will get quicker response in the car audio section. As far as the protection circiut not disengauging it means that there is a short somewhere, usually in the speaker wire. disconnect each speaker in turn, one at time, from the back of the reciever and then turn it back on to easily find if it is one of the speaker wires.

I don't recommend car subs in the house but you will need an AC to DC converter to make that amp work. Maybe radio shack.

having problems with a jensen and a alpine amp running from a sony car stereo system. before the speakers are even half way up the stereo cuts off.

I am looking for a very powerfull amp,spekers,cd deck,audio casset deck ets. I want to make a music bisness, please if you have any ideal help me and gave me the price.

Dave in Washington
I have a Yamaha HTR-5560 using the A speakers for my Klipsch and in ceiling surrounds and a center connected accordingly. I have 4 separate rooms each with a pair of RBH speakers and impedance matching volume controls all wired to gold binding posts labeled remotes. I cannot hook them to my B speakers as this will send the Yamaha into protection mode. I do have an older Yamaha AX-550 integrated stereo amplifier and would like to run the remote speakers off of this. Is this a possibility? If so how do I tie the integrated amp to the newer Yamaha? To the main output on the HTR-5560? Would this affect the main A speakers? Or do I have another option? Thanks so much!

Dave:

Sounds as if you have your hands full. Without going into a myriad of theories, hopefully this response will help and is based on the presumption that your question or statement of facts are being articulated in a proper fashion, no disresect intended.

When your amplifier's protection circuit shuts down under these circumstances its probably due to an improper speaker load. Multiple sppeaker loads can not be tolerated by some amplifiers especially if the load drops below an acceptable design level.

Generally when you add multiple speakers to a single chan without an impedance consideration (calculating the load) the load changes with each speaker added. This depends largely on how the speakers are added. (ie series or parallel)
While one must take into consideration other factors as well when designing a multiple room speaker installation, they generally can be accomplished with carefull load balance and switching.

Simply running out to your local supply house purchasing wall plates is only half the battle. There's a bit more involved (no pun intended)

My advice is to draw out the rooms on paper, show the equipment and room jacks. Write down a sequence of operation, (what you want the system to do when a particuliar switch is turned etc). Then take the info to an experienced audiophile who is readily familiar with your equipment its specs and who knows what he or she is doing, as in for an every day living and pay then to draw it up for you. You will save yourself a lot of home embarassment and financial abuse in the long run.

Hope this helps

Frank J
NetPack Technologies

To Frank Pdika

Frank:

Music business as in DJ ? Do you simply want to play music at parties or events ?

Write your goals down long term and short. Purchasing sound equipment is like building a building. Do you want a foundation that will only support one story, or will the foundation be required to support three additional floors in the future ? Hopefully you now will see why you must define your long and short term goals

Good Luck

Frank J.

Anonymous
Hello there,
I am Tan would like to request your time to show me the wiring (schematic) for my JBL amplifier
I have JBL amplifier model number is E90F-18B849-AC-433M and serial no. 054370 make in July 1990
I lost label all the wires when I cut off. please show me which wire is for power (+) and (-) signal in and signals out (wires from cd player in and out to speakers)

thank you for you time and take a good care of yourself!!!!

Tan

kurt cobain
c u in hell

april boy regino
tang na nyong lahat

Sorry,can i receive the electrcal diagram
of the NIKKO ALPHA-450 (power amplifier)??

I've to repair it...

Thank You !

Can anyone please help with a question relating to a Kenwood A34 audio amplifier and its companion products.

In addition to the A34, I have the Kenwood cassette deck (model X34), and the CD-player (model DP540) and the tuner (model T-74).

All of these draw their local power requirements through a system of "clip on" flat cords that attach to the back of the Kenwood A34 amplifier.
Each flat cord has 1 gray wire & 3 black wires, with a white special Kenwoood connector.

The trouble is that the A34 power transformer is burned out, and I can not find a replacement transformer at a reasonable price.

Nor can I find any schematics or tech docs.

As a result none of the above units can be used!

I need to know the voltage & amperage & polarity for each wire required for each unit above.
(Perhaps all the flat cords carry the same voltages respectively on each wire?)

Say starting from the gray wire on the extreme left hand side of the flat cords, moving across the remaining 3 black wires to the right hand side.

I am reluctant to trash all these units because the A34 power supply is burned out.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks,

Nick

Looking for an Onkyo tx-ds676 circuit diagram (I buy second hand and refurbish). Can someone out there help ?

Av receiver that keeps on burning-off one front channel, neeed to locate problem....

I am looking into setting up a system in my truck. It is real tight behind the seat but i can get 2 10" MTX Audio subs in a truck box for behind my seat. My question is what size of amp would be best to use with those two speakers. Thank you for your help I don't know all that much about sound systems.

Pls. help i need an schematic diagram for my marantz audio amplifier model pm 350.

Thanks Pls. email if any to mpd_falcon@yahoo.com

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone here could help me with a question I have.
I own a Technics house stereo (SCEH780) I have already added some
speakers but I wanted to add somemore but I really don't want to blow
it up. So is it possible to add an Amplifier to a home Stereo in
addition to one that it came with? Also if this is possible what
Amplifier would be good (I don't have much money so spend so it would
have to be a bit cheap).

Many Thanks

Alex

TO TAN!!!
I have the wiring diagram for a 1988 Lincoln stereo amp. The wiring diagram is for wires outside of the amplifier, not the schematic of the amplifier. My amp is E8LF-18B849-BA. Let me know, I am in Santa Clara CA...

TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, I am looking for the schemo for the E8LF-18B849-BA amplifier, if anyone has it I will buy it..

Anonymous
To Alex Buckley
Hi!
The only way you can add an amplifier to your actual system is if this system have additionals pre-outs jacks. If not, and probably not because this kind of system is not intended to "grow", it will be not possible. More over, trying to add a good power amplifier (not necessary expensive) to a mass market system from Technics is almost like putting a Mercedes Benz motor inside a Hyundai...I recommend you to change your system entirely, because a bad preamplification will ruin any kind of good amplification. There are many good an cheap options from NAD, Cambridge Audio, Adcom, etc. And, if your system have a separate CD player, you can still use it (CD players from Technics are not so bad...)

i have yamaha rxv800 and i play cd with 96k label but on receiver's display says PCM Stereo unknow.why this?is my rxv800 broken?i use optic cable.

Hello! I want to ask for a schematic diagram of a high power car amplifier of sbout 1,000 watts. thank you...

Where do you hook the Rms Wire to.. I have a road gear amp it is 2 channel 250 watts. i get sound from my sub but it is really quite it is not like it use to be. it use to be where i was sitting in front of my house and i would raddle the windows of the house. what should I do..

Anonymous
hey i have 2 rockford fosgate mono amps, one 900w and one 200w. right now the 900w is hooked up to a 1000w rf sub, and i have a jl 350w sub to put in and i want to run that off the 200w amp. is there a way i can link the amps together so i don't have to go through the trouble of buying another amp kit and running another wire to the battery and stuff????

Frank Jakubaitis

I must talk with you, it is extremely urgent. Your abandoned house is going into foreclosure and it must be sold before it gets auctioned off and your credit gets destroyed. Not only this, but the bank will make you pay them through payments for the 500,000 they lost. I am willing to buy the house from you in order to avoid all this. Please email me at once! Thank you.

zteck
uhmm could anyone mail me at zhitter@yahoo.com for a 500watts and higher full circuit schematics thnx ... =]

I just installed an amplifier in my car a couple weeks ago, and no matter what I do, I get a high pitch sound coming from my speakers. When I hit the gas it gets louder. I have a 4-ch 1600 watt amp hooked up to 2 subs and 2 6X9's. Can anyone help me on getting rid of the high pitched noise? If you have any ideas/suggestions, please e-mail me at: hillmenj2001@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Berny
ground it properly...
get a heavy gauge grounding wire and attach it to the grounding point of your power amplifier and make sure that the area you ground it to is stripped of any paint whatsoever. Ensure that there is metal to metal contact. Separate your power wires from your audio wires may also help, but a high pitched whining sound that coincides with the accelerator is usuallya sign of poorly grounded equipment. A lot of self installs are poorly grounded...especially if you used a pre-wired kit, they take for granted that the black wire to hook up to the negative side is enough so they don't bother with proper grounding.
cheers

Pls. Can anyone help me with a schematic diagram for my Denon AVR 1804 connected with DVD, 2 VCRs, a CD player, Antenna and a a tape player. and my TV which is a Zenith C32CV that has 2 video in, 1 monitor out, DVD in and !port for HDTV and 1 for RGB....
Thanks Pls. email if any suggestions through modavo@excite.com

Can you hook up a car amp to a house pre amp?

Berny
yes, again you need the proper power supply

I have a jensen 500 watt amp in my car hooked up to a single 12". It all worked fine for about a week and then each time i turn my car on and the "PROTECTION" light on the amp will come on for a sec or two and will shut off. Did I blow it? I tried another ground and my power reads fine on a volt meter. What DO i do now? What Does that light mean? HElP

I am having a lot of difficulty getting my Wurlitzer 1550 to go completely through the cycle properly. It picks up the same record over and over and the trays do not completely retract. Also the lifter links get jammed occasionally. I have the manual and supplement. Everything else I've read says this machine is difficult to keep running and its hard to work on. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions, other than installing a CD player?
Thanks.
Rick Beers

please help, i recently received a denon avr 800 receiver from a friend, when it powers up there is a message that says "PROTECT" and the standby light flashes on and off, anyone know about this model? any help would be well,.,., helpful
thanks

Hawk
chet:

You have some type of system fault there and it needs to be seen by a service technician to find out where the electrical fault is. Prior to taking it in, disconnect your speaker wires at the receiver and then power it up. If you do not get the "Protect" message, it means that you have miswired the speakers and there may be a loose wire in contact with the receiver case (which grounds it). However, this is a long shot and it is more likely that you have an internal problem which a service tech will have to find.

Good luck!

Hi Sir,
Please I need a printed audio amplifier circiut for my project work.
Please send it through my e-mail at
teloben@yahoo.com
Yours Faithfully
Benjamin Telojor

A-NON
there must be hundreds of printed audio amp circuitries. Why don't you do a google search for printed amplifier circuitry. I doubt there is anyone on this board that keeps these plans on their computers. There used to be Dynakit and Heathkit that made do it yourself kits with plans. But you could just do a search for amp plans.

Anonymous
L Hennessey

Your system powers two sets of speakers, set A and set B (four total speakers) Each one has a left and a right, and each of those has a positive and a negative. Somewhere on the system you should be able to turn on or off both the A and B speakers.

Unregistered guest
I own a Nakamichi AV-500 Audio/video receiver. I went on vacation for about 10 days and when I came home, I tried to turn it on and got nothing. The light is still on for standby like it normally is when the unit is off. I had no lightning damage or anything like that. Is there any internal fuses I need to check?

Username: Randall

Post Number: 2
what receiver will give me the best sound from my speakers, which are def tech pair of BP2004tl, center 2300, rear BP2x.

Username: Gman

Post Number: 40
44356....--if you have the Nak manual there should be a section in the back that tells you what to check. If not, go to Nak USA website and e-mail their tech dept.

Randall-

An impossible question to answer as no one has ever listened to all receivers with your set up. First--how big is your room and what is your receiver budget. We can get you started there. After you get one or more answers you can also send an e-mail to Def Tech website and see if these or other receivers fit in with what they would recommend. Often speaker companies are loathe to nrecommend any receiver because they don't want to offend any company and retailer that sells their speakers but not that receiver. But they are more likely to say that an receiver we recommend will work well--as that won't get them in any potential trouble ith a Def Tech dealer or receiver manufacturer.

Anonymous

I recently purchased a pair of Aura Bass Shakers and have had difficulty in procuring an amplifier with a low enough RMS wattage. They require 25 watts RMS. I plan on using them in-home. Do you have any suggestions in the way of amplifiers, or is there a way to decrease the inline wattage of a larger amplifier? Your help would be much appreciated.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 124
Get a old Marantz receiver on ebay.

Model no. 2226 or 2230. The last 2 digits are the power rating. You should be fine with 2230. They can be had for less than hundred, but they sound better than today's sony, denon, yamaha, etc costing $500.

Unregistered guest
I need help connecting my surround-sound speakers JBL-SC160 to my yamaha dsp-100 which I use in conjunction w/yamaha mx-35 4-chl pwr-amp.
The dsp-100 has an (RCA) MONO & LOW-PASS outputs for the a SubWoofer (S/W) & Center Effect Speaker (CES), respectively.

I am able to connect the S/W to the dsp-100's RCA LOW-PASS output to the LFE on the S/W. However, I can't seem to find a way to connect the CES using its POS/NEG with the dsp-100's MONO RCA connection.

How would I make the connection btwn MONO-RCA output to the +/- speaker connector?

marty_c7f

Anonymous

Whats the difference(if any) between a power amplifier and a stereo power amplifier??

Username: Gman

Post Number: 126
a stereo amplifier means an amplifier with 2 separate channels. Like most of us used to have in receivers or separate amplifiers 10 years ago and more.

A power amplifier is ANY amplifier. It could have one channel, two channels (stereo), three, four, five, etc.

So a stereo amp is just telling you how many channels it amplifies. But that doesn't tell you if it is solid state, tube, or digital (which is starting to gain some usage in home amplifiers--although has been used for years in small amps for car receivers and other small applications.

Username: Dave_h

Post Number: 10
Question: I am in the process of a major upgrade of my home theater surround system. My new system will include a Samsung DLP HDTV with DVI hookups and a Samsung DVD with DVI hookups. I researched A/V Receiver/Amplifiers and I can only find one model (the Sony STR-DA9000ES) with DVI connections and switching. This model is will over my price-line ($4K+). Does anyone know of an A/V Receiver Amplifier with DVI connections/switching that is more reasonably priced than the Sony STR?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us