Need review on Wharfedale Diamond 8.4

Bronze Member
Username: Juggy_25

Post Number: 19
Cud someone give a review on Wharfedale Diamond 8.4? Plz specify all the good and bad aspects of this floorstander.
For a HT setup which is the ideal Rear Speakers with the 8.4s?

Bronze Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 26
I have 8.3s that share the two upper drivers with 8.4s. Mid-range is clear and smooth and can go loud. Treble is warm on account of the dome tweeter. I like that, but there are people who might prefer a more 'metallic' sound. Bass is fine for most listening, but would benefit from a subwoofer. I let people come listen and they ended up staying for four to six hours!! There are a number of good speakers out there, but these have a sound of their own that is worth a listen.

For rear speakers, why not stay with Wharfedale and get the 8.2s? The Diamond speakers need good power to drive them, so be sure to get a powerful amplifier.

I dont know what your room size is, but for HT I would pick up a satellite-subwoofer combination instead. A good subwoofer is necessary. You might also want to listen to a few bookshelf/satellite speakers for the kind of treble they produce. My concern is the use of four or five speakers with powerful midrange in a small space where all you need is treble and bass for low frequency effects.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us