Velodyne DPS12 or Klipsch SUB 12

Username: Tossurboss2002

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I am planning to buy Klipsh speaker system(Quintet III) in the range of $500 for 4 sattlite speaker and one center channel speaker.
Along with this speakers which is the best subwoofer i can buy, Velodyne dps12 or Klipsch sub12.? i am confused, both of them are in the price range of 500$.
2) For the above speaker and Subwoofer package what is the best and reasonable Receiver you guys can suggest. I am looking at Harman's AVR 240 or Onkyo 702/3. Max for Receiver i want to invest is $500.
Please share your exper opinions.

Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1205
I myself have no bones with the klipsch subwoofer line for a mass-market line. they perform well, and have good sound quality.

However, you can get a better performing subwoofer in the same price range if you are willing to purchase your subwoofer over the internet from www.hsuresearch.com

they design and build just subwoofers, and have mastered the black art of getting a low cost sub to sound excellent.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4179
totally agree with Gavin's sub rec, for your receiver I'd also suggest looking at the Marantz AVRs at accessories4less.com --- excellent match with Klipsch and excellent reliaibility especially the 5xxx series.

Bronze Member
Username: Tomcat

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 24
How is VTF-3 from HSU compared to Martin Logan Groto sub, other than the huge price difference.

Username: Tossurboss2002

Post Number: 2
Thanks so much for your responses.

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1207
grotto is MUCH`better, by far`and away. It is currently my favorite sub in the $1000 price range.

the VTF-3 can not compare.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us