BIC Acoustech Cinema Series 5.1 Speaker System

Username: Jonkirst

Kennesaw, Ga USA

Post Number: 1
I was looking online and came across this speaker setup. I have never heard of them but it looks like a pretty sweet deal. I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with these speakers (or brand) for that matter? Here is a link to them:

www.homespeakers.com/buynow.asp?prid=1054

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jon

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1569
A rip-off on Klipsch. I wouldn't mind them if they weren't made to look like Klipsch speakers, and then compared to Klipsch speakers. I've posted about the dubious review they link to in the past.

Kennesaw, Ga USA

Post Number: 2
I understand that they are built to look like Klipsch, but with that being said, have you heard them? I have read some very positive reviews about these speakers (besides "the" review) and was wondering if anyone on these forums had any personal experience with them.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1573
I haven't heard them. Here's my query about them from a while back:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/103834.html

As you can see, I wanted to believe.

Kennesaw, Ga USA

Post Number: 3
Thanks for that link. I myself want to believe, in fact they will be here tomorrow :-) So I guess I will have my definate answer then.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1574
Well, give us a review after you get them!

Kennesaw, Ga USA

Post Number: 4
Don't worry, I will :-) The only thing that stinks is that I'm only getting 3 out of the 5 boxes tomorrow, the rest are comming on Wed. So I could put up a review early next week.

Bronze Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 47
I really enjoy in the review how they note the weight of the BIC being 26 pounds as compared with the Klipsch RF-3II weighing in at 56 (RF-62 which is more comparable weighs in at 54) and the Synergy F-1 at 33 (new one is 40). Should tell you a little something right there. My little lady Emma's weigh in at 20 for Christs sake...

Bronze Member
Username: Noya83

Portland, Oregon USA

Post Number: 22
I think I read some pretty positive reviews of them on AVS for "bang-for-the-buck". What kind of receiver will you be powering them with?

-Michael

Kennesaw, Ga USA

Post Number: 5
They will be powered by a Kenwood VR2090 (100x5) DTS, DD, TXH certified etc. Its got some age on it but when I bought it it was pretty good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us