Emma vs. polk rti 10 vs. klipsch rf 82

Username: Captsquid

Post Number: 8
would anyone care to compare and contrast the emmas (which I have not heard) to the other two?

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 936
I would but I might get in trouble.

Before anyone gets going on this I'd like to point out that Emma has received an upgrade to the crossover and improved internal damping since she made her long, strange trip which began last winter. The result is tighter bass, more detailed mid-range and improved off-axis response.

Bronze Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 22
Well I can give you my impressions of the Emma in a week or so. Between the Polk and the Klipsch, I would definately go for the Klipsch. I just remember comparing the Polk RTi series bookshelves with the LSi series at one point, and thinking just how worth it it would be to skip the RTi and go straight for the LSi, so night and day was the difference. As far as the RF-82 goes though, it is a completely different animal from either the Polk speaker or the Emma. Its efficiency, dynamics, and range are hard to match up with. Combine this with respectable accuracy, solid build quality, etc, and it quickly becomes the speaker I want for my HT someday. The Emma on the other hand I think will be perfectly suited for my bedroom, where its relative inefficiency won't be a major handicap, and its smaller size will be a major benefit. However, as I said, I'll give my impressions of it in a week or so. I've got high hopes for it either way.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8619

If those are your three choices, you need to decide exactly what you want to hear. I would consider each of these speakers to be substantially different than the other two. What is it you are expecting to hear?

Username: Captsquid

Post Number: 10
my mistake-- I meant the LSi 10, not the RTi 10.

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1011
No such thing. The Lsi9 is the two driver/ring radiator tweeter bookshelf, and the Lsi15 and Lsi25 are the towers with the powered subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us