Marantz 7500

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 233
Finally broke down and bought it from Magnolia, got it for $700 brand new and havent looked back since.

I was previously using a Denon 3805 and so far the Music reproduction is much better. Everything is smooth and dynamic with a very large soundstage. My speakers are Radiient Helios towers and center and Klipsch RS 25 surrounds.

I am very impressed with the SQ from Marantz so far and I have to say I didnt think that it would surpass Denon by as much as it has. Features are fairly similiar but the remote just sucks. Instructions suck too but the Denon was just as complicated even though the LCD feature was cooler.

Anyway just thought I would post up and encourage others to give it a shot

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1050
It's interesting because I would put the 3805 more in lines of the Marantz 8400 or 8500. Not that there is that much difference between those and the 7500.

What were some specific differences in what you heard? Do you have some examples on songs or movies?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4127
sheesh Eric, how many different receivers have you gone through in the past 12 months? : )

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
lol this marantz is my 8th one by my count now

and i like it the best so far with my setup

i know im like walmat, i sell everything to get new stuff

some of the differences I heard where with the midrange and bass, 2 channel stereo sounds more alive and vibrant with clear voices and notes. Movies are about the same but i bought it for better musicality rather than HT emphasis.

Silver Member
Username: Dfantom32

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 109
wow! Eric you got a good deal on your 7500.

I'm just wondering what kind of job you have right now..!??! hehehe j/k :-):-):-) It seems that you always playing with your toys. Anyway, it's a guy thing I think!!!
hehehe

Cheers!!!
:-):-):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
i know my friend worked there and really got me a good deal and he made some money on it too, their cost is $600 on brand new ones

i work as a national sales rep for a car parts distributor, plus i keep my bills low for the most part and then i sell off my older gear when im done with it haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 4132
Eric,

yes I had the same experience when I went from an Onkyo 601 to a Marantz 5400. I think you have already tried the Panny and didn't like it, in that case I'd suggest your next upgrade path to be some NAD separates or NAD 2-channel integrated amp...you can just use the 7500's preouts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
I was looking into NAD but was alittle intimidated from all the complaints about their QC and buzzing that they make.

When i tried the panny, i liked it but i think the problem was i didnt use very good speakers with it (Fluance) i should probably grab it from my parents and try it again with my Radiient speakers and see how the SQ is now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4135
Those complaints are all about NAD's multichannel receivers, have never heard any about their 2-channel gear.

Yes, borrow your parents' Panny, I'd be curious to hear how your Radiients will sound.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4136
...very different from your warmish Marantz I would think.

It'll be a good test of how neutral your speakers may or may not be too.

Bronze Member
Username: Rushwj

Knoxville, TN USA

Post Number: 38
I too just upgraded to the Marantz 7500 and have been very pleased. it's paired w/ paradigm studio 20's and sounds wonderful. recently had a HK AVR125 and liked the sound but enjoy this much better. in between it was paired w/ eddster's panny55 - the sound was ok but was definitely lacking in smoothness, low end and overall "musicality" (never quite understood what it was until i compared the panny to the marantz and realised what the panny was missing and how unengaging it was to me). i really wanted to like the panny but after 4 months i just couldn't and had to sell it off and upgrade. just my thoughts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4157
I would think that the Studio 20s would not have been a good match with the Panny in any case, a lot of folks around here seem to think that the Studio line generally requires very beefy power and even separates to sound their best.

I wonder how the 7500 compares to the 5400 I used to have, because I definitely preferred my Panny over it with my Ascends.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us