Where should I buy ERA speakers?

Username: Rich1957

Post Number: 2
Does anyone know a good place to buy ERA speakers? Preferably online of course! What is a good price to pay for a pair of ERA design 4 speakers. I need four of them and a center. Thanks, Rich

Bronze Member
Username: Ost

Post Number: 17
http://www.signalpathint.com/

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1336
"Preferably online of course!"

Support authorized dealers.
Support small business.
Support your local home audio shop.
Support the people that live, work, and pay taxes in your community.

Just my opinion, but the $20 or so you save could and probably should be saved elsewhere.

And, if anything goes wrong with the speakers, you don't get a warantee if you don't buy from an authorized dealer.

Post Number: 3
Stu,

I appreciate your thoughts regarding local businesses. I even understand that local businesses need to charge a little more to pay for overhead. My local audio shop, however, just quoted me $1099 for a Denon 2807 receiver. On line that goes for $772.90 (delivered). That is a difference of over 42%. I don't mind spending an extra $20 as you say, but I don't want to spend an extra $1000.
I accept that you may not agree with this, however, I do appreciate you taking the time to post. Thank you!

Username: Tay81

Post Number: 8
http://www.goodwinshighend.com/used.htm

They have 4 design 4 and a center for sale as used equipment. They are a reputable dealer in Waltham, MA (just outside Boston).

Post Number: 4
Tay81,

Thank you!

Rich

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3333
If you are interested in an Era Design 10 sub I may be selling mine. Just an FYI.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4111
whoa Art, sounds like your new little ProAcs must really be delivering 33Hz! I'm shocked.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3334
Yep Eddie these babies are about as full range as you could imagine for a bookshelf speaker. With the current placement I think I'm getting about 30hz in room. Very impressive.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1536
Sounds like your kit is in constant upgrade Art!

I'm moving into another house, so HiFi purchases will be on hold until I finish another basement. On the upside, my next HT/stereo room won't be shared with a playroom and will have nicer dimensions (about 18-20' x 15').

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3335
Yes Peter, there may be amplifier news coming soon! Meanwhile we should probably not hijack Rich's thread.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3336
Oh BTW congrats Peter on your new home. Sorry Rich.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2796
very good, Peter.

Username: Fpontaut

Post Number: 1
Rich -
I bought a pair of Era Design 4 from Goodwin High End, I could not find any dealers where I live (Minnesota). Speakers were shipped via UPS, and arrived in a perfect state. I dealt with Al Moulton, who is extremely knowledgable. Overall a great experience - definitely recommended!

Post Number: 9
Frederic,

Thanks. I think they may be my best bet!

Rich
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us