Receiver or Amp to match Mirage Speakers

Username: Medwig

Augusta, GA United States

Post Number: 1
Need to match an amp or A/V receiver to Mirage Omnisat V2 speakers and Mirage Sub. Currently it is just the two speakers and subwoofer, but I will eventually add a cc and surrounds. Based on what I have read, these speakers need a warm sounding power supply!? It seems as if most everyone likes the Marantz 5600 and the Cambridge Audio 540R. I would settle for a good integrated amp, but I need to be able to connect my sub. My budget is $600, preferably less.

P.S. - how the power supply sounds with music is more important than how it sounds with movies.

Regards

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 998
With music being more of a focus I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Cambridge receiver. Also if you can luck out and find an NAD receiver without any hum or hiss issues it would be a great choice. If you can stretch your budget an Outlaw 1070 would also be an excellent choice, I would consider it neutral as is the Cambridge and NAD units.

www.outlawaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4092
For $600 I'd get the HK 635 right now from jr.com or onecall.com --- normally goes for around $1000. Has both tons of features AND excellent music SQ, plenty of warmth and muscle. The Marantz 5600 and Azur 540 would also be ok with your Omnisats, the HK though is a receiver that you can easily grow with if you ever decide to upgrade your speakers.

Username: Medwig

Augusta, GA United States

Post Number: 2
Thanks Gentlemen,

The Outlaw would be nice, but alas, it is a bit above my budget. As for the HK, I will check it out.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us