Onkyo txsr600 vs yamaha rxv630 vs h kardon avr 525

nicholas nicholas
hi

using this with a mission M cinema pack and in a small lounge.

i have been following the forum for a while. here is my situation.

looking for a new HT receiver. I am in Sydney, Australia and all prices are in AUS $.

using a vifa centre speaker and B&W 601 S3 as fronts or thinking of the Mission M71 5.1 speaker pack to replace all.

So, here is my final list, though other receivers will be considered.

onkyo txsr600 $1000 rrp 1400

yamaha rxv630 $1000 rrp 1600

harmon kardon AVR525 $ 950 rrp 1300

yes the prices are right, i have some some connections and would be able to get slightly better (maybe)

SO, which amp ?

ive been into home theatre for years now.

USE:

tv 50%

music 25%

div x, svcd, dvd 25%

im in a small lounge at the moment and really looking for quality over flashing lights.

every salesperson gives me a different story. I know its pretty much budget stuff, but we have to start somewhere.

Also if any Australians know of cheaper pricing for the above, even better.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nicholas

glenn_m
Nicholas,

For my 2c worth, I think the HK is the pick of the bunch according to you requirements. The Marantz SR5300, Denon AVR1803 & 1603, & Pioneer VSX-D811 would also be worth a listen. But given your contacts, the HK could not be bettered for the price.

I would not keen on using the vifa with the B&W, and would suggest Mission M71i and M7C1 across the front with the b&w as rears. In a 6.1 setup, you could then use the vifa as the centre rear (not an option with the HK). You will also need a sub, and a Aaron Sub 60 (AUD350 rrp) does compliment the Missions (OK, it will not move the foundations, but provide adequate bass).

Get the Mission M71i's as they are a big improvement on the M71.

Glenn in Melbourne.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us