Looking for a advice on Definitrive Technology StudioCinema 350 HT

David
I heard these in a store and was blown away buy the sound.....

Going through the threads haven't seen much reviews on these so wanted to know what other people think...and if there is something comprable for a lower price...

Thank You

Anonymous
Ecoustics.com has reviews on them.
I would buy what sounds good to you. Have you considered a way economical fluance speakers at www.ebay.com (under $200 for 5 speakers)? Pretty good for the money but probably not as good as the Definitives. The reason why suggest them is because they will probably do for movies, and you can spend the rest on a nice stereo music system.

What are you using these speakers for? Music or Movies? Most Definitive Tech work amazing with theater applications and give good dispersion, if these are bi/dipole. Fluance from what I have learned seem to be very unexperienced. Though I can say they are great bang for the buck, some of there implementations of components have led me to believe this. For instance the human ear is most sensitive around the 800Hz range and I think it is the 4kHz range and on the Fluance SM938 towers they have crossed over the side-firing woofer at 800Hz. This makes the sound seem very coloured. Also, I have learned that it is best if you are building a speaker that has the woofer side firing that you should cross it over at around 150Hz because thats when the ear starts to not be able to pick up where the sound is coming from. I hope this helps and Definitive Tech is a great company. If any one would like any other questions answered about speakers or any other question about home audio, please e-mail me at Godisthetruth10@aol.com. Thanks and I hope I could have helped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us