Totem Arro with Primare Amplifier

Username: Julius_ix

Post Number: 1
Hello

Over the last weeks I've been listening to a number of speaker sets and I almost found what I'm looking for. There are two sets I like, the Totem Arro (euro 1500) and the Audio Physic Spark (2000 euro). The totems were used with the Naim Nait 5i, the sparks were used with the Primare I21.

Since these sets were at different shops I like to get some advice. I like the Primare i21 very much and the totems are more in my budget than the sparks. Getting the primare to work with the totems I need them both at home and that's at this moment rather troublesome. Does anybody have some experience with these loudspeakers and/or amplifier?

Thanks in advance
Julius

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1314
What are you using/going to use for a source?

From my experience, those two amps are very different from one another. The Primare sounds cool, relatively slow, and distant, while the Nait is more neutral, fast, and forward. I don't think think they have much in common at all. Both are well built and well respected. I'm not going to tell you which is which, but I fell in love with one and hated the other. Everyone likes different things, and you're opinion matters most because you're buying them.

I haven't heard the Audio Physic, but have heard the Arro many times. The Arro can be driven more than suffeciently by either amp. The Nait and Arro have been reported many times to mate quite well together. I haven't heard the Primare with the Arros, but I've heard it drive Martin Logans without difficulty. If it can drive them, it can probably drive just about anything thrown at it.

Silver Member
Username: Jamesp

Post Number: 159
Get the Audio Physics. I feel they will give you more than the Arros can. As far as electronics for the Audio Physic I would suggest Simaudio Moon or Plinius. If they are out of your price range try a Bryston B-60. The Bryston sound is somewhat in the middle of the Naim and Primare.

Username: Julius_ix

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your advice

I'm using a marantz 67mkII OSE, I want to upgrade this in the near future, when my budget allows me to. I have not heard the bryston but i will try to find a dealer in my region. I heard the arro's with the dreek 5350se which i liked as well. Very detailed.

Cheers Julius

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1409
Julius

I have experience with the Naim CD5i/Nait5i/Arro and this combination is a really good match. Lots of fun, very angaging and good quality too.

No experience with Primare I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Frank.

Username: Juliusix

Post Number: 1
Hello Frank
I listened to the sttaf and they were so impressive! I liked that very much. I auditioned them with the naim combi and the creek 5350 se. I know you seem to be a fan of the totem / naim combi but the creek was very impressive Very detailed, clear sound. Any experience with this combi.

reg Julius
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us