[Q] mission m35i owners' help needed! (or just anyody with a vast knowlidge)

Bronze Member
Username: Jinster

Post Number: 81
recently i had to return some single spade plugs that i had bought for my mission m35i cuz they weren't fitting right and actually reducing the contact area compared to just bare wire connection. so if you have m35i, which spades did you use?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8540

Why not just use bare wire since it obviously fits and works well?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
but isn't spades suppost to be better? little extra juice for that 'audiophile' quality?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2678
Eric, the spades are not going to add anything'extra' in juice.
The cleanest wire and tightest connections are better than adding anything that may be anything other than clean and tight.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8543

The simplest connection, that works properly, is the best connection. If you can make the connection "gas tight" with the bare wire, that's the best. If you have a poor quality connector, you might want to use spade lugs since you can break the connection and clean the lugs on a regular basis. It's difficult to clean bare wire. However, if the connection is gas tight, you shouldn't have to clean a well made connection made with bare wire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
ok, im still not confident in making gas tight connections and would really like a spade plug recommandation for mission m35i. even if i get the connector diamtere right, the binding plug of the speaker is pretty big so it'd have to be a loong spade plug.

Silver Member
Username: Ravbains

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 101
Good spades or banana don't add anything but they can help protect the bare speaker wire from oxidisation. Thus they are better in the long term. Also if you are always swapping things proper terminations are much easier to manage in the longer term, and less chance of a short circuit.

Eric have you tried terminating with banana plugs instead, the Mission is a british speaker, and I am sure they will accomodate good banana plugs. Just do a google, and find a good quality item......

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 460
Eric,

You've had the M35is for a while, how are they holding up? Are they everything you hoped for?

Chris

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
yes, they were for a long while (everything i hoped for that is) and i still believe it really was a bang for the buck- but my ears were spoiled the day i got in my dad's vette w/cdt euros and pioneer avh-7500 (their flagship) headunit. so now i'm back on the quest for that perfect sound... except without any money this time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us