2 amps, one sub! ahhh.. help dim noob flailing

Username: Knifepoint5

Post Number: 1
i added a (bargain) linn majik as a preamp for a newly aquired sub (heybrook hbs 200) as my Nad c320bee didnt have a subwoofer out.. however im in over my noob head with all this gear. Plus ive got no manuals as its ebay gear. I dont know what to connect to what and am afraid of doing damage. Do i link the NAD pre out to the LINN preout? with the linn preout hooked to the nad, i wouldnt be able to use the rca line in on the sub and so am left with the bare wire hi level line in/out as a connection to the linn..

however, even the linn amp confuses me, the speaker connections are not rca yet theyre not binding posts either...just holes that dont seem to be set up for either.

Any help from you guys would be MUCH appreciated. with no manuals its hard and ive scoured the net but am bamboozled with talks of y-connectors, filter passes etc etc..

Post Number: 2
just found this on the linn speaker connections:

BFA speaker terminals will require that you re-terminate your speaker cables, but connectors are supplied.

what does re-terminate mean? I didnt get any connectors from the guy i bought it off :-(

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8518

You want to use the Linn only for the subwoofer output and the NAD for everything else? BF, I think you need to listen to them both and find out which is the better unit.

I would strongly suggest a trip to a Linn dealer for your terminations and some one to one advice.

Post Number: 3
jan, thanks for the reply. Im aware that the linn should be vastly superior, and i will try it as the main amp at some stage, but i just want to get the connections right in my head, no matter what is my main amp. Also I have found out that the linn has special BFA connectors which i can purchase, so thats that cleared up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us