My first home audio setup / Advice needed

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3768
Ok im new to home audio so bare with me.

It will be used for music mostly and dvd movies and cable tv.

So far i ordered a Athena Audition F2.2 towers

I was recommended the HARMAN KARDON 3480 reciever for this setup.

Can you guys recommend me what else i will need for this setup like speakerwire etc... Thank You.

p.s. The Athena's are on order and i spent $400 free shipping for them. Im on a budget of about $350 ballpark for the rest.

I have a 1989 Sony TA-AX390 Stereo Amplifer that has worked all these years perfectly.

Audio Power Specs:

With 8 ohm loads both channels driven, from 20-20,000Hz; rated 135 watts per channel minimum RMS power, with no more than 0.9% total harmonic distortion from 250 milliwatts to rated output.

It also has a 5 band graphic EQ with 5 sources/functions for Phono, Tuner, CD, Tape, Video

Now do you guys think i should use this with the Athenas instead of buying a new reciever ? Will i be able to use this with DVD's and movies ? Thanks guys

Bronze Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 64
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/226017.html

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3773
Thanks for your input. Im probably going to test it with the my Sony TA-AX390 old school integrated stereo amplifier.

See how it sounds and plays out. It may be all i need. SONY made awesome stuff back in the 80's and early 90's. This model i have is from 89 and has been working since perfectly.

Bronze Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 65
Smart decision, if you are happy with the sound then there is no need to spend more than what you need; you can always try new products in the future if that is what you decide.

Happy listening !

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3775
Thanks man. Does anyone on here own the Athena's or heard them ?

It shipped out today from audioadvisor and i should have them on monday. I will make a post on it once i set it up.

Bronze Member
Username: Nottingham365

MA USA

Post Number: 28
MO:

Scan existing threads; you will find several comments/assessments on Athena products.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us