Bay Audio Speakers

Username: Novice2006

Post Number: 8
It has been recommended that my new home theater system include the Denon 4306 and Bay Audio speakers (i.e., BeeBop, Satellite, Subs).

I have never before knew of nor have ever heard those speakers. I welcome any comments.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 187
I have heard these in a customers house I was installing carpet in. Powered by Yamaha. I was very surprised, and somewhat impressed at their performance, and the customer got just the middle of the road speaker. (dont know the model, but is their mid price speaker) They also had 2 10" subs, which I thought would be too small for the room, but they actually filled the room nicely, and played lower than what I would have anticipated. IMO you are doing just fine with that setup.

Username: Novice2006

Post Number: 9
Thanks, David.

In particular, those speakers have been recommeneded due to the room configuration and their built-in reverberance and boundary controls. But because I have never heard them and it does not appear that I will easily have the opportunity to do so in advance of purchase, I am interested in hearing about your specific impressions (e.g., bright, balanced, rich). I generally like speakers that produce a greater deal of clarity such as Bang & Olufsen and Vienna Acoustics.

While I understand that you have only heard them one time, I would welcome any other details that you may have about them.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 188
JDS, What impressed me about the setup was that the dialogue was very clear through the small center channel, didnt sound muddy or thin like I would have expected from such a small package. And wherever I was in the room, I still felt like I had a good seat. From front to back, it was very seamless, clear, and detailed, or detailed enough so that you could hear the little intricacies that (for me) get you more involved in the movie. They werent bright at all, but did offer the detail needed for an enjoyable experience. The subs integrated very nicely, and although didnt hit the lowest of lows, were surprisingly room filling and not localized like I thought they would be (they were put under the front stage, both facing forward with no thought further than being hid)

Now, in dynamic portions of the flic that was playing, I did notice a bit of thinning in the sound field, but the installers covered it up by having bass levels up a bit, which wasnt horrible, but obvious to me. And TBH, I think that was more the Yamaha than the speakers themselves.

So that this thread doesnt turn into a book, I would say that the setup was very balanced, but detailed as well, and enjoyable. I actually was disappointed in the selection of gear before I heard it, knowing they put so much money into the theatre itself, and then skimped on the audio, but changed my thought after hearing it. I dont think it would sound very good for listening to your favorite CD, but that wasnt the purpose of their room either. It didnt leave me in awe, but didnt leave me dissappointed either. Acceptable to 99 out of a hundred people would be my guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us