A couple of Sub questions?

Bronze Member
Username: Gmanchefboy

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 35
I apologize if these are frequently repeated Q's, but the search engine seems to be having issues this evening.

I'm trying to tweek my SQ on my new receiver and was wondering if someone could answer:

Crossover is as following
1. I'm using L/R LSE
2. Center and surrounds set to small @ 80Hz
3. Fronts (towers) set to large @ 40 Hz (my understanding is that this makes no difference when set to large/LR LFE. The fronts will receive all low frequencys)
4. Frequency on the sub is set @ 150Hz (all the way up).
My receiver has another x-over setting- LFE LP FLT which is presently set @ 120Hz. Question: Does this setting take priority over the other x-over, meaning all signals, from all speakers, below 120Hz will be sent to the sub and fronts? Or should I set this to 80Hz in order to get the lower frequencys from my center/surround? More important than what it's function, Does 120Hz sound about right or is the norm something much lower?

One more Q: I'm using one sub-wire from my sub-out on the receiver. I'm using a Y-connector at the sub, since I have two RCA ins (L/R). My manual states to connect to either L or R or both via Y connector. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to either method?

I've been taking in so much info, in so little time, I seem to be getting more confused? Any help would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us