Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Issue

Username: Magichat

Post Number: 1
Okay, I have the klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX speakers for my computer. I have had to re-solder the rear connector about three times and I finally did it wrong. I found the exact same connector and re did it all with a buch of electrical tape. It sounds great but where is the subwoofer? It does not exist anymore. So I re-did the connection; same thing. Did I short out something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Mike

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2417
Solder?
Tape?

TheRed Green thread is somewhere over in computers, Mike.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1509
Try the Klipsch forum over at http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/14/ShowForum.aspx

Bronze Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 35
i'm thinking about getting them my altecs are desent but i want something with a little more punch adn i dont care for logtech i have read alot of bad reviews thow about promedias

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1092
bad reviews as in how?

I love the promedias, and own the iGroove. not one problem.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1026
you sure you know what you are talking about kyle? klipsch is a very reputable speaker company, and i have owned a set of their speakers. they were excellent. maybe we are getting the wrong idea from you lack of punctuation and bad grammar.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 38
I no that christopher but i mean as in amp dieing adn speakers cutting out,some one told to me to bust them in over a couple of weeks like first week quater volume,2nd week half volume,3rd week 3/4 you get the idea i wasnt saying they were crap i was just saying i have a mixed idea if i should gte them or not

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
Dont get me wrong i like them i just dont no if they would hold up and my dad has one of there subs and it kicks

So Gavin tehy really are great speakers?

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1112
yes they are...

I have used klipsch in my home stereo (have since upgraded) and have the promedias as well as an iGroove.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 41
I hav e an ipod was thinking about JBL new one 60watts and the sub woofer have close to an inch of travel

http://jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=JBLRADIALWHT&Language=ENG& Country=US&Region=USA&cat=HMM&ser=HMM

you have inspired me to get the promedias as soon an i can get them :D

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1113
there is no way a driver that small can have that much travel without a ton of distortion IMHO, unless they are the really high end drivers seen in stuff like MartinLogan, Krell, McIntosh designs, not JBL Ipod speakers.

glad I could be some inspiration.

If you are in the market for some ipod speakers, strongly consider a refurb igroove from klipsch. they run only $150 and sound fantastic!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2500
Gavin, you might want to add Alegria to that list.
4" full range drivers in the Ling.
Nice.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 42
refurb....hmmm you bought a refurb one Gavin?

allmost an inch of travel sounds like it would over drive it self

whats IMHO??

i like that center

http://www.us.martinlogan.com/display_speaker/cinema_i.html

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1121
I myself used to have the MartinLogan Scenarios, and am now looking at buying a pair of the Claritys.

yeah, the cinema is their cheapest electrostatic center, at $2,000 a pop
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us