SACD Subwoofer Problem

Username: Tony_s

Clermont, Indiana United States

Post Number: 1
I'm hoping someone has the same setup, or nearly so. I have a Denon-1920 running to a Yamaha HTR-5990 thru HDMI and 5.1 connections. When I play SACD, there's no output from the subwoofer at all. I've checked everything multiple times and it's driving me crazy. Everything else on my system works well.

Silver Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 137
Do you have all six analog wires coming from the Dennon? I'm pretty sure there is a separate wire for the subwoofer out of the 1920 when using the analog hook up. I have the 1920 going through a Pioneer Elite 52X and it works fine.

Post Number: 2
I just checked the cables, and the sub channel cable is a little weenie cable. The sub kicks on when I play an SACD. The sub level is set to 0db in multichannel setup. Maybe it's the SACD? "Dark Side of the Moon"...I'll get a different disc and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Larry_r

Naples, FL

Post Number: 1362
Anthony: remember that your sub has a volume control on it, as well. check that out for sure. And get rid of that "weenie cable." Ugh!

Also - go through your sound level settings on both amp and CD/SACD player. Even with a "weenie cable" the sub should do better than what you describe.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Larry, I'm going to replace the "weenie cable" this weekend, and try a different SACD as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Wavelength

Post Number: 19
I also have Dark Side of the Moon (SACD). It has lots of bass out of the subwoofer. It's definetly not the disc.

Post Number: 4
It was the cable! Those 6 cables were the only non-higher end cables I had. All the rest were Monster or AR. It sounds pretty decent now. Thanks for the help folks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us