Prima Luna Prologue 2

Silver Member
Username: Bvan

Cape Town, Copenhagen,...

Post Number: 168
got curious about this amp the other day(thanks art) and brought it home form the shop today for an overnight stay.

i'm REALLY enjoying it. dont ask me for differences between this amp and my arcam a85, at least not yet, i'm just busy enjoying it. well i will say, smooth, full, weighty, warm for the moment.

those of you who own the amp, i'm curious what speakers you running and what volume you able to achieve. reason i ask is that my ears are pretty sensitive at the moment and i cant crank it too loud to see what it's limits are. (i'm asuming i might be able to do that one day)

i dont plan to have parties with the amp, but this is my only slight reservation. i did turn it up to 80db and that was exactly 9 o'clock on the dial, and to 85 for a wee bit(10 on the dial) and i'm very happy with this, possibly even for the long term. i'm using 86(?) db/w 4 ohm dynaudio focus 140's. but should i ever desire more output i'm wondering what would work? spendor s5e possibly?

i've got the night to decide, but it may be out with the old and in with the new.

cheers

b.

one more question. with an amp such as this that has no pre-out, is there any way to achieve bass management when using a sub?

Silver Member
Username: Bvan

Cape Town, Copenhagen,...

Post Number: 169
and one more. how much do replacemnt tubes cost, and how often do they need to be replaced. if not for this amp then in general. i'm very new to this. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8398

You might want to post this in the "Tube Talk" thread in the "Amps" section of the forum. https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/111344.html

There are several people there using the PL amps.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4159
Several replies there, including one from me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us