Need Receiver and components moderator for new forum....

Username: Sonnie_parker

L. A. (Lower Alabama)

Post Number: 4
Hey guys...

We need someone to help us moderate in the Components section of our new forum. Someone who is well versed in the technical area and knows many receivers and other components well. You would need to be willing to uphold he rules, make a lot of post, and start new threads that relate to various components to help in generating discussion.

Just visit the forum and use the Contact Us link if you may be interested.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums

Thanks!
Sonnie

Bronze Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 82
Ask HAWK.
Private message him...he's knowledgable and fair

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7768
We need a moderator here, more than anywhere else.

Bronze Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 84
that's totally true!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1237
Could this be considered SPAM?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2375
I am not sure if it is spam or not, Stu.

Seems...odd.
Poaching or something.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2376
Sure Sonny.
Have a Loud-mouthed, beer drinking Schnooks area?

L. A. (Lower Alabama)

Post Number: 5
lol... I hope it's not spam. It's a serious request. I see this posted on other forums quite often. I sure don't think we'll be hurting ecoustics at all and we don't intend to steal anyone... just ask that if someone wants to mod in our forum to share a little of their time with us and make a bunch of posts, answer questions, create new threads, etc.

Do you guys not have mods here? I would think as big as this forum is you would need several.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7783
Nope, we have no moderators here. This is a troll's wet dream. You can post any crap you want, hijack threads, post racist and obscene remarks, insult other posters, it's anybody's ball game. The Admin is the only moderator and it takes about a week or so before any action is taken. It wouldn't really hurt anybody if there is a mass migration.

So you are in Lower Alabama, huh? I still have a home in Fort Walton Beach-the Red Neck Riviera:-), we also refer to it as Lower Alabama!

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1047
yes, we actually do need mods here. See for yourself...

take a look here for all the spam and all other problems we have:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/suggestions/22.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 7795
Here is a prime example....this is a forum that the Admin maintains:

Admin can't even clean that crap up.

L. A. (Lower Alabama)

Post Number: 7
Unbelievable! I wonder why this forum attracks so many members if there's so much spamming going on?

We have forum rules our self and will ban members in a heartbeat if necessary. We ban the IP address. Our rules are simple and easy to follow... and if you can't follow them then I'd say you're hurtin' pretty bad and don't deserve to be a part of a forum. Our goal is to run a clean and respectable forum.

Do you guys just not like any of the other home theater type forums?

At Home Theater Shack we are obviously new but we are growing extremely fast for a new forum that's less than 2 weeks old. We don't have near as many categories as you guys have here but as we grow our content, we will begin splitting up the forums into more sections. We will always try to have at least 3-4 moderators per forum. There's just no way one man can do it all... heck 3-4 can't do it all for an entire forum, especially one this size.

Btw Berny, I'm in Luverne, Alabama on Hwy 331 about 50 miles north of Florala and 50 miles south of Montgomery. Redneck hillbilly country!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7833
Nah, I don't think this forum has that many members. There's a lot of trolls coming in and out. Admin is just too lazy to do any clean up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2384
Burp. Scratch. Sniff.

Yup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us