Magnet damage?

Username: Killboy

Post Number: 1
this might be a bit of a newbie question but i'm buying a subwoofer tomorrow and just need to know if the magnet inside will damage my tv if it's kept too close. it's LCD and i've heard that magnets don't effect LCD tv's but i'd like to know for sure.

also is there any danger in keeping it close to my xbox?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7730
You shouldn't have any poblems as long as the speakers are magnetically shielded.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2366
If it is a car woofer, it will destroy both.
Pooofh!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8372

With an LCD TV you have nothing to worry about - unless you are hanging your kid's art work on the side of the set. Then the speaker magnets will suck those puny little stick on magnet things from the dentist right off the TV. Schulp!!! Very embarrassing, but it won't hurt the TV.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1432
Well, I have been using a JBL professional cinema sub bass unit, JBL 4645, right next to my old, but she's still hold "SONY KX-27PS1" without any trouble what's so ever, and it's not even magnetically shielded.

However there is a second sub bass unit that does curse a lot a strain pulling on the "elector guns" not a pretty site I would say!

So its just the one sub for me, why use a 12" when you have an 18" professional model taking up the front stage!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7767
I think Daniel got his answer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1434
Berny

Yeah but still playing around with magnets, not something I'd like to try doing, but still I'm interested to find out the results!?

So if you had a small magnet and moved it pass the screen of a, Plasma screen, the image will remain unaltered or damaged by this wow! Like to see that for real, that would impress me!

Username: Killboy

Post Number: 2
yeah i've set it all up and i'm not getting any distortion.

the box said it was all magnetically sheilded so thanks for the help everyone

Gold Member

Post Number: 1437
The first sign of any discolouring inn the image remove the loudspeakers away from the monitor, I have this friend, the choice of loudspeakers in his set-up are, B&W, the left and rights our not the issue hear.

The centre channel B&W CC-6 curses strain in the image, strange don't you think, considering it's magnetically shielded?!

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1046
sometimes the shielding in the centers isn't strong snough. It isn't as strange as you might think/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1440
Gavin

Do you know how they test these units out then?

If I where to take a guess, I'd say they try this out on several makes of TV monitors, to see if it curses discolouration, on the TV monitor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us