Sounds at different ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 34
Would subwoofers sound better at 1ohm ,2ohm,4ohm,8ohm, ect... My subs are each 2000watts rms at 1 ohm and its a major power drain, If i was to bridge 2 amps togethor for each sub and push out the max rms that they could handle at 4ohms each would it sound better, hit as hard? Or would it sound like $hit.... I need to find out what would hit VERY HARD before i go buying more stereo equiptment, i spent about 4000$ on what i got now and im not happy with it.....

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7660
You will be happier once you post in the right forum. They will be able to answer your questions in the CAR AUDIO FORUM...this is HOME AUDIO.

Username: Gravs

Post Number: 2
Berny ,
My querry is similar to John's . Please advise , when we talk of OHM's as 4 , 6 or 8 what are we referring to and which sounds better for a Home Audio ? If my speakers are with 6 ohms impedance should i buy a sub woofer with 4 ohm or a 8 ohm impedance ?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 960
Ohms is the overall resistance in the circuit presented to the amplifier. Generally this has no bearing on the sound, and matching ohms between the main speakers and the subwoofer is completely pointless.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us