When It Comes To ...

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 35
... Computers playing DVD-A ... do I need a disc drive that has the DVD-Audio Logo on it, or is it just a matter of having the right software ?

My computer plays and burns DVDs ... but I would like to take adavantage of DVD Audio and see how it compares to SACD before I make a choice to get a deicated player ...

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4137
Anselmo,

If you mean 5.1 DVD-A then few, if any, computers have the software. Also, if it is two-channel, then computers do not have the proprietary MLP packing that is on some DVD-A discs. I believe it can be had, but on professional quality (and price) sound recording and playback programs.

However, the good news is that you can probably play hi-res Linear PCM stereo, which falls into the DVD-A spec, too. Also DTS - this is comparable to DVD-A for sound quality, and is 5.1.

A lot depends on the computer, and I see from your profile that I cannot help with specifics, there.

Thanks for Wow ... Interesting Article ... Explain Please .... I've posted a long post. It made me think, and try some things. You will see, also, that I belong to the other computer tribe.... So apologies for not knowing the specifics, in your case.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us