Yamaha RX V 457

Username: Harsh

New DelhiIndia

Post Number: 1
Hi I am a newbie in Hi FI Audio... I am looking to setup 6.1 Home Theatre setup with a shoe string budget.

I had a chance to feel YAMAHA RXV 457 AV reciver and ofcourse it sounded great to me . What are your views for the product .I need a nice Floors for the yamah as well...What will the best Floor standing in the shoe string budget?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2218
What is available in New Dehli?
Dealers near you?

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 816
harsh:

Yamaha has a weak power supply, so you will need something very efficient for a 6.1 HT (89db or higher). Additionally, the Yamaha can be rather bright sounding, which is a problem with the wrong speakers. I don't know if Paradigm is available to you but Paradigm Monitor 7s would be a good combo. Failing that, you may wish to check out some Mordaunt Short floorstanders (I can't remember the model #). Best to stay away from a hard metal dome tweeter with that receiver, too.

Good luck!

Username: Harsh

New DelhiIndia

Post Number: 2
Also i have option for Denon AVR -1706 and Sony HT-DDW1000 (http://www.sonyindia.co.in/sonyindia/products/DisplayProduct.jsp?modelNumber=HT- DDW1000 ).

What will be the other good options against YAMAHA RXV 457 in the same budget. Also Shall i consider going for a 5.1 against the 6.1 as I am not too much into movies. Basically am into soft rock and lill bit of hip hop . Will there be a significant diffrence in listening my taste of musci on 5.1 and 6.1 .( most of the Audio CDs are DTS coded and 5.1 is the best they can get. ( iam not sure if am write here )

Bronze Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 61
Have you thought about going straight 2-channel and foregoing the 5.1?
Your options will get a bit better for the money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us