NAD Master Series M3

Bronze Member
Username: Eddietfman

Hong Kong

Post Number: 27
Is there any users of NAD Master Series M3 integrated out there can share their comments on this fantastic amp?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1199
Eddie -

I hate to say it, but I was very unimpressed when I listened to it for a few hours in a local shop. It hurts me to say that because I've owned a few different NAD components over the last 10 or so years. I've loved every one of them. I don't think the M3 is worth the money, but everyone listens for different things. Here's a brief discussion a few of us had a few months back -

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/194942.html

Bronze Member
Username: Eddietfman

Hong Kong

Post Number: 31
Is there any owner of NAD Master Series M3 integrated out there can share your comments as to the sonic performance of this amp? Is it worth the money?

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 632
Well, my recent experience was quite different. I heard a wonderful sounding amp. It is extremely well built for that knd of money. I listened with the Wharfedale Opus 2 since they were the closest to what I have.

I loved what I heard and the dealer even said that he thought that NAD had a hit BUT that remains to be seen. In my opinion, a lot of people will judge this new brand harshly because of the fact that a company such as NAD is going into dangerous territory! When you mix with the Naim's, YBA's, Macs, Krells etc.......people tend to buck! Beleive me, they are NOT expensive!

Username: Emotifi

Post Number: 1
Danman, I agree with you. About 2 months ago, I listened to the NAD M3 with speakers from B&W, Dali, and Dynaudio. I can only say that I was thorougly impressed with what I heard. To my ears it had a smooth fatigue free and detailed presentation with wide dynamics, and clean a separated soundstage. It seemed to handle anything from rock to classical, and it sounded as good or better to my ears than amps from Arcam,Musical Fidelity, and Primare and a few cheaper amps that I compared with (not all were back to back comaprisons). I felt it was able to convey musical emotion. I just hope they have also built a durable amp in the process. Time will tell, because I am planning on buying one.

Username: Va2502

Thailand

Post Number: 2
i had one M3 . I can say that it was a great int. amp. Their great strength is details ,images and clearity . i am completely satisfy with its performance..:-))

Username: Mike53

Post Number: 10
I was auditioning speakers that were being driven by the M3 and I was most impressed by this amp. If only I could afford to buy one.

Username: Dpac996

Post Number: 1
In an attempt to simplify my electronics while simultaneously improving the dynamics and bass extension of my system I recently changed out some separates, an Audio Research 100.2 and LS25MK2 preamp and Dynaudio Contour 1.8 mk2's. TO replace all that I got a new M3 and upgraded to the Dynaudio Contour S3.4s. While not a fair comparison at all (speakers are bigtime upgrades)
thus far I am extremely impressed with the sheer quality of sound that the M3/S3.4 conjures up.
(I was worried that I would lose the clear, dynamic transparency of the ARC separates, as I considered the move to the M3 an electronics downgrade)
Anyhow, it's only been a few days and I know the M3 will probably need at least 2-3 weeks to reach full potential but what i'm hearing...the clear smooth coherent tone, powerful dynamics, and large soundstage...is very very nice.

I don't care for the plastic protectors over the binding posts, and the display is too small from where I sit, but the M3 is a fabulous integrated amp.

I would love to hear more stories of the satisfied (or not) owners out there. I really need to live with it for many months to truly judge its character, but from these initial impressions, the M3 seems to reach NAD's lofty goals for this product line, and then some.
I hope it is as reliable as my NAD 314 (going on 13 years never a problem).

Regards!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7033
Great Dave. Good to get more on stories like yours.
The dealer in London, Ont. has sold -10 M3's and had nary a complaint.
Let us know how it all runs in?

Bronze Member
Username: Dpac996

Virginia

Post Number: 17
M3 is working out beautifully. Dynamics are excellent, bass response very musical and powerful. The midrange takes advantage of the dynaudio s3.4's organic quality to a stunning degree. The trebles are nice and extended, perhaps a shade rolled off compared to the razor's edge resolution of the Audio Research LS25MKII and 100.2 combo ($9k worth of amplification) and on my finest vocal/jazz recordings the transparency factor is ever so slightly reduced, as compared to the ARC separates. But, longterm listening pleasure without fatigue, has increased.
Break in was interesting as I noticed different characteristics emerging. I'm not even sure that it's fully broken in even now, but at least i feel like i know its character.

The transient speed of the amp is realized when spinning acoustic guitar cd's. Doc Watson and co guitar work is in the room. THe speakers sound like they themselves are a tuned instrument. Nickle Creek on SACD, excellent imaging, vocalization, and a very lush beautiful sound.

Diana Krall sounds warm and full, her piano on All for You resonates with fullness and amazing extension.

THe M3 has me pretty much won over. The customizable inputs are a nice touch. I hate the stupid plastic connetors on the 5 way binding posts, and even removed them on the "A" posts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us