Marantz DV-6600 video problems

Username: Osubuc

Post Number: 7
i have a marantz DV6600 universal player that is giving me fits with the video section.

Audio, no problems. video, works fine with composite output, fine with S-
video, but the component video does not work (screen looks like 2 of the same movie are on at once, even the Marantz SACD logo runs/flickers through the screen).

I run it (component video cords) through a Pioner Elite receiver, from the DVD to the receiver, and then another set from the receiver to the T.V.( same brand of cables) When I first hooked it up I had a prblem, since my TV is a cheapo, but once I turned the progrssive scan image off on the DVD setting, everythin worked. All the sudden it is shadowing/flickering again.

The wierd thing is if I hook a S-video cable up from the DVD to the receiver, the video shakiness.shadows stop, but the composite picture looks horible, very dark (I have to sitch inputs on the TV)

Does anyone have a Marantz DV-6600, and know how to fix this,

BTW, I have attempted to run it straight to the TV, both sets of cables, and neither worked, so I doubt its the cables, I doubt its the receiver, and I doubt its the TV. I just wonder since our power went out the other day if maybe something was reset in the setup of the DVD player. Audio work fine, both 2 channel and Multi for the DVD-A and SACD.

Thanks if anyone can help

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3046
Do you have a surge protector. Something may have been more than just reset, if you get my meaning.

Post Number: 8
Everything workfine that was plugged into the protector, it is just the picture when you use the DVD component video looks like it is on acid, floatind around in its own world. I unpluged everything, last night so maybe some things will reset.

I cannot tell the diff from the S-video to the component myself, but if it is defective, I want to have it replaced. at that same time I dont want to waste a techs time if it is not defective. I have read the owners manual, and think I am doing everything corect.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2206
Blotter or micro-dot?
Hey it might matter.

Post Number: 9
Blotter or micro-dot?

Whats that?

Silver Member
Username: Black_math

Post Number: 324
You might see if...

Does your receiver accept component video and progressive? Will it downconvert progressive component in to interlaced for s-video out? I believe s-video is interlaced only? Does your dvd player have menues in which you select the input and or progressive? Did it get reset? Does your TV accept 480p?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us