Ipod help

Username: Theguy

Post Number: 1
i recently bought a 20 gig ipod from my aunt and when i connect it to my PC (after installing the ipod software) it says "this ipod needs to be reformatted for use on your PC. click on the button below to run the ipod updater that will allow you to reformat or restore your ipod"
She put alot of songs on it for me that i like so, is there anyway i can backup the music for FREE so i can reformat it?
Microsoft explorer tell mes that it has to be formatted as well when i look in my computer. and itunes wont recognize it and neither will anapod extremer.
I believe she used a mac to put all the songs on could that be the problem? any insight would help thanks!

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4112
There is a "Disk Tools" program that repairs iPod disks, too. That is on a Macintosh, and comes with the operating system. I would guess there is something similar on a PC running Windows. Not sure if it works on an iPod.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7497
No, you need to get back with your aunt and get a master file for the music and put it on a disk. You cannot extract the music from the iPod by using a different computer. If you want to do something like this you need to find a hack for your iPod. Results are not guaranteed and sometimes causes more problems than it solves, so beware.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us