Starting over

Username: Josh_ua

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
This is my first post, and I hope I am posting in the right area. My short request is I was hoping people could give me feedback on the orb audio speakers and Olive's Musica system.

My long request is that I want to acquire all new components. I much prefer simple and quality over bells and whistles. I have done some research, but I know just enough to sound dumb. I really need some help :-)

Here are the facts: I plan on spending about $3000 total, but will be building this over time. I need new speakers. I would like a system to handle cds, records, dvd player, am/fm and internet radio and an ipod. I have limited space (live in SF). I have been looking at orb audio for my speakers (mod 2 package). I was also looking at the Olive Musica in order to easily 'burn' my records, have a high quality cd player, have access to internet radio, release me from my pc and at some time be able to stream music into other rooms (although this would necessitate the purchase of a home -- a little out of my budget). I guess I would also need an amp/pre-amp as well. First off, are these two items worth the money - more than half my budget, and what else would I need? I am not in need of a true "home theater" system. I really just want fantastic sound for audio (my tastes are all over the place -- some rock, some jazz, etc.) on a limited budget. Anyone care to give a confused person some guidance?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2074
Sure Josh.
You seem a porpose driven individual, so take it from the top.
MsIntosh tubes, I ain't kidding.
Others will answer your post, but cut out the waiting time and just distribute the bucks now.
The 6200 can be had for a good price used, and links will be posted soon.

You already have a good cdp you say, just get the best pre/amp right away, instead of paying time and again working up(like me).

30 years of buy and sell are a pain in the butt, you might have a chance here to cut to the chase.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2080
Joshua, you might want to see the 'Quality/Cost/Longevity' thread.

Username: Josh_ua

Post Number: 2
Thanks Nuck. I will check out the 6200 and also re-post in the Quality/cost/longevity thread. I appreciate the note. I am sure that just be reading everyone's posts I will learn a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us