Sacd player question

Username: Grief

Post Number: 3
I have the sony dvp-ns705v wich plays dvd as sacd.
I was just wondering how can I set it up to hear sacd stereo trhough my stereo system.Do I use two of the multichannel outputs (front l/r) or the normal analogue outputs. Also to get better sound in movies will it work?
I 'have read somewhere that if set the sub to on even if you don 't have one the sound will be better.
Thank You.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8166

Stop reading whatever it is you're reading. That's BS. Use two of the multichannel analog outputs and assign the center, rear and sub channels to those two front speakers.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8167

Additionally, the ability to play a standard DVD as an SACD is not possible and is not included in the Sony package.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 511
Good Grief, Grief! have you read your manual?

This may not be applicable to your Sony player, but my Denon 2900 has an extra pair of L & R analogue outputs that can be used in conjuction with the existing 6 (5.1) connections for use in connecting to a stereo amp. Of course, the stereo SACD layer must be selected.

Post Number: 4
Thank you both , but regarding jan 's post how do I assign them?

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 515
If you select your main speakers ( to large in this case) select 'no' for the center, rears and sub. Those should then be assigned to your main speakers.

Selecting your mains to large should remove any crossover ( the set low frequency that would be otherwise directed to your sub).

Username: Sonic2367

Newport News, VA US

Post Number: 3
That's true only for the 5.1 analog input. Most of the receivers use the subwoofer (added to the L and R channels) when the stereo anlog inputs are used.
Anyway, the best way to go is via the analog 5.1 inputs since no extra A/D-D/A conversions are made (like is tha case with the normal stero inputs).

Username: Sonic2367

Newport News, VA US

Post Number: 4
Off-Topic: Hey, I am new here, this forum doesn't have "edit" function for my own posts?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8193

Type carefully.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4097
SN;- Yes, it has. Click on "SN", go to profile, and look at your list of recent posts. You have about one hour to edit or delete a post, I think.

Post Number: 10
Something funny happened it seems I can also hear sacd through the rgb scart connection both the multichannel and the stereo mixes. How is that?

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 602
Bet it doesn't when you remove the analogue audio cables :-)

RGB Scart - Video signals only!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
You 'd loose the bet. Because I 've tried it and IT WORKS!

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4249
SCART carries both audio and video, as analogue signals.

RGB is a video standard.

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 608
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!

Good grief John, I was wr-wr-wro-wron-wrong. Sorry grief, I guess there's your answer.

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 609
John, (and Grief) I was thinking - if scart connections do carry analogue audio signals - would they carry more than two channels - I wouldn't think so, but then I was wrong their capabilities in the first place.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2917
Me too, MR!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Apologies accepted!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help