Help needed -- Please

Username: Malakshm

Post Number: 1
I have a Pioneer Receiver / DVD.
I have hooked both through a coaxial audio cable for audio. But there is NO audio coming out of the speakers. But if i use a RGB Video connector,
using only Green color or RGB. One end of the RGB connector is connected to Digital coaxial output of DVD and the other end is connected to the receiver Digital input.

Its very weird, as RGB Works and a Digital coaxial does not.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2026
Have you tried optical, Maggi?

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 514
Have you assigned a digital input to your receiver for the DVD player, Maggi?

Username: Malakshm

Post Number: 2
What do you mean by assigned?

DIGITAL Coaxial output from DVD Player goes to Digital Coaxial input to the Receiver.

Username: Ags

Montreal, QC Canada

Post Number: 1
I have a home theater powered by the Yamaha
DSP-A1 and I was thinking to upgrade it to a new system with all the new interfaces/connections i.e. HDMI etc.
In your opinion is Yamaha RX 2600 the one that upgrades the Yamaha DSP-A1!
Your help/opinion is much appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 2046
Angelo(yadda yadda), you kinda hi-jacked the thread, mon ami.
Please post a new thread.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1284
Maggi

Some receivers allow you to choose what the connection at the back of the box is assigned to in software. Since you have both optical and coax inputs on the back, it may be necessary to tellthe receiver that your DVD input is actually the coax input rather than the optical input.

I hope that's clear...easy to get confused...

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Iceberg

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 62
Hi maggie,

Frank is right, with some receivers you have to tell it to open the Coax input rather than the optical. This should be in your receiver setup. Read your manual to see how you can open these inputs.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 516
I don't know about the Pioneer receiver Maggi, but with my Marantz, within the OSD set-up menu, I need to assign each connected component to either an analogue or digital connection. My receiver has 6 digital inputs (3 toslink or optical and 3 coaxial) and they are numbered 1 to 6. For example, if I connect a CD player via an optical cable, I can choose CD - DIG1 and so on. As many brands do things differently, I suggest trying to comprehend your Pioneer manual - and with some, that ain't no easy task, I know!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2076
I will take 'user friendly' for 200, Alex.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2077
After seeing Maggi's issues here, I must ask, Who's product is most user friendly?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us