Phono to amp problem, help!!

Anonymous
I have a Sherwood AX-4103 amp and am trying to play a Project debut 2 turntable through it.
But amp has no Phono input therefore sound quality and levels are aweful. does anyone know a way i can sort this out without buying a new amp??
the amp has tape, tv/aux, cd, tuner inputs, would a pre-amp help or is there a cable connector that solves my problem.

Derek
Radio Shack sells the RCA® SA-155 amp or the 32-3005 mixer with phono inputs. They are both $60 and can be connected to your amp. You may be able to find something higher in quality at a higher-end audio store.

Anonymous
i have a problem too. im in a band and we have a mixing board and speakers but the mixer has RCA outputs and the speaker as normal speaker wire inputs. how can i connect them so i can play sound that i get in from the mixing board out thourgh my normal speakers?

Anonymous
I WANT CONNECT MY HI-FI TO MY PC
ANY ONE CAN HELP ME.
1-HOW TO CONNECT
2-HOW IT PERFORM

Derek
Hi to PC...
Get an Mini-stereo phone (like the jack on Walkman headphones) to duel (stereo) RCA male Y-adapter (see Radio Shack part number 42-2551 or 42-2483)

Plug the mini-phone connector to the LINE-OUT on your computer and plug the RCAs into your receiver's AUX, VCR-2 or TAPE in.

Enjoy.

I use my computer as a tape deck.

Connection is via a tape loop as given below.

Connect the rec or out on amp to line in on the computer.

Connect the line out to the play or in on the amp.

Note you can connect speaker out if you do not have a line out on the computer but BE CAREFUL. The sound card on the computer may amplify the signal above Line voltage and you do not want to blow the input stage of your amp. But as Derek says above a mini jack plug to stereo phono (both male) would surfice to connect. I would recommend getting software like Cool Edit Pro which allows you to record any source in the system (as long as the computer is linked like a tape deck) edit the waveform (take out clicks, pops, hiss, background noise as well as seperate out tracks) Then you could copy old LP's to CD's. Unfortunately it is quite expensive and I am sure there are cheaper alternative but Cool Edit Pro has everything including 30 band graphic equilisers and multitracking. On the minus side this does make the software a tad complex.

On the question of Sherwood AX-4103 amp to a phono stage you can buy off board phono stages which will amplify the phono signal up to line voltage. I know NAD make one and I am sure there are two or three types at least from different suppliers. Basically you would just plug your turntable into the phono amp then connect the phono amp into any line in voltage. If you read my posting on the spec of the Akai Am 93 amp you will see the difference between normal line voltages tuners, CD players etc and phono stages both Moving Coil and Moving Magnet.

With RCA plugs I am sure one pin is left one pin is right channel and the other pin may be ground (commonly know to all as the negative) I am not 100% sure on this so I will have a look round the net for you and see if I can find the wiring diagram for RCA. Alternatively try the RS website and look up an RCA plug Radiospares often give wiring diagrams with components. I think they are listed on www.RS.com

Hi,i'm frank and i have an am-93(akai).I like to know,when it was built.from - till.I would be glad if anyone knows it.The time when the cd-93 was build interests me to.I bought both a few days ago,UNUSED for 960 euro.Mayby this is to much.The guy in the store told me it's both from 1996.i don't think so.But i have 2 years garanty, of cause.All i found about the am and cd is from the year '89.but maybe it was build a few years.

Anonymous
I will convert audio tape cassettes to hard disk,
whenever i do the process the noise will be adding to original sound wave i want to remove the noise and hear it clear is there any software for that please allow me to know that

hi, i hav an amp wiv speakers tht is 4 the PS2, but it can also be connected 2 the pc, how do i use it on my pc. my amp n speakers r made by soundstation.

Unregistered guest
Alright all, I want to know how i can connect my mixing decks up to my pc,ive heard that one way is to connect it through the sound card but im not sure if this can be done, can any one help me

Unregistered guest
If your mixing decks are connected to a single console and your sound card has stereo inputs then you'll want to get an RCA to 1/8" stereo cable and plug that into your sound card. Should do the trick...

Anonymous

I want to connect a single turntable deck on my pc without amplifier...can i?

Dick
Unregistered guest
I am unable to record cassettes from a 10 yr. old Sony Tape deck TC-WR701ES thru a Toshiba SA-725 Stereo Receiver to the sound card of my computer. I have no such problem w/ a Dual turntable or recording AM/FM to the sound card.
Do I have a tape deck problem or a receiver problem. Both the turntable and tape deck play fine to the speakers. Help.

Dick

Anonymous

hehe, dick

Unregistered guest
I have an akai 2x230d reel to reel player. How do I wire in speaker as it is designed to play through stero.

Anonymous

I want to connect my computer to the phono input on my amp , is there a way to convert the signal with software or hardware? Does anybody know how to acomplish this i would be very gratefull .

Mike

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 586
Anon:

Why would you want to do that? The phono input on a receiver not only has too much gain for the output of your computer's soundcard, it also is equalized to the RIAA curve for phonograph recordings, which would make your sound totally out of whack. Your sound cards output is no where close to the RIAA curve.

The sound card should be connected through a line level input, such as an auxillary or video input, using a patch cable with a stereo mini-plug on one end (sound card) and a pair of RCA connectors on the other end (receiver).

Anonymous

i have no more inputs on my reciever..thats why i asked

ralph
Unregistered guest
I found that in recording cassettes from deck to amp to computer I needed an atenuator. Radio Shack has one for around $4 which worked well for me.

ralph
Unregistered guest
There are free software programs on the 'net for recording to the computer, such as Audacity.

Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to connect my hi fi speakers to my mixer please contact me on original_xearo@hotmail.com thanx if it help i have a citronic preditor mixer

Unregistered guest
can i connect my one bush mtt2 turntable with a pre amp or do i have to buy another amp.if yes what will the sound quality be like
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us