A worthy foil?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8067

Nuck - I received the foil strips. Thanks. I think. I assume they go on CD's and not anything else? If so, how do I apply them to gain maximum "effect"? And, from my recollection of Mr. Belt's theories, this may take a while for the effect on my perception to take place. Barring, of course, any significant electro-mechanical alterations which these strips might engender. Which I can't envision. How long should I wait for the benefits of the strips to become apparent and should I play the CD constantly while I'm waiting for the sea change? Finally, how do I remove the strips once they have proven their benefits?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8076

Yoe! Nuck!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1924
Jan, as I recollect, the strip can be applied to the disc in any fashion,but for consistancy should be applied to the 'compact disc' logo on the disc.

The time frame has been reported as immediate to hours, but most interested parties find an immediate A/B effective.

A bunch of the 'whacked-out Englishman's' theories involve investments of time, but I think he had juust a little too much on his hands.

Now that youv'e owned up to trying, Jan, we will see if Art does as well.

But remember, a negative attitude going in will spreadbad Karma on the disc and your Camel.
I suggest the Lotus position and Mantra 'Ohm...Ohm'

Username: Stefanom

Dublin, CA United States

Post Number: 2
So uhh, what is the foil supposed to do exactly? Not that I'm interested in actually buying any, but I'm sure it would make at least amusing reading material.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8091

Well, okey dokey then! Uh, ... One more question. Does it matter whether I place it predominantly over the "D" or the "C"? North, South, East or West? OK, that was two; but they were small so they add up only to about 1.144447123 questions.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8092

Stephen - If we told you what to expect, then you'd be expecting "it" and then you'd hear "it" whether "it" was there or "it" was not there. It would place undue pressure on you in the event you didn't hear "it". Rest assured, once you know what "it" is, you will always want "it". Would you agree that's a fair description of "it", Nuck?

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1940
Thats about 'it'.
Stephen, Google the name 'Peter Belt' and explore the oddysy for yourself.
Rather absorbing in an 'LSD career gone awry' kind of way.
But very nice people to mail to, I must say.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1941
Lengthwise across the trademark is the spot, Jan.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2925
Wow...what a difference this stuff makes. Are you guys hearing it!!! I think we've stumbled into something here. Where's wagner when you need him??

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8095

Hearing "it"?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2930
It's ethereal man!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2937
What day is it guys....4/1. April Fools!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8096

Teehee!

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1951
The delivery timing could not have been better, eh?
I smiled to myself to read it had arrived on time!

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4069
Darn, I didn't read this thread until today.

Well done, guys. This is a real service to the community.

Please continue. I have many questions.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8099

"This is a real service to the community."

Teehee!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7307
Calling Jack Wagner...wonder how long the delay would be to Cygnus...or is it Deneb? All them stars look the same to me. Anyone remember which planet or galaxy from which that alien hailed? :-)

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2941
Perhaps I will wrap a piece of this foil around my FM antenna and see if that will enhance communications. First I will put the tip of my finger on the end of the antenna..........nope nuthin' yet......you guys gettin' anything.....

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8100

Sorry, Art, you obviously mistake the purpose of this specific foil product. According to Belt's theories, as best as I care to understand them, there are different foil types and colors which will affect changes in the performance of various components. They are generally not interchangeable as the enhancements do not travel well from one component to the next. Mr. Belt has no hesitation, again, to my knowlegde, in admitting foil designed to alter the behaviour of CD's will not, in any consequential manner, at least, affect the performance of an antenna. No doubt Mr. Belt has a suggestion for your specific purpose should you decide to persue the matter.

P.S. - When you communicate with the Belt folks, you might want to mention whether you are trying to alter the performance of a fixed ariel or the one on your vehicle. I believe there are specific foils for automotive use which also maintain a coincidental affect on the amount of air flow around the antenna and foil at 70 m.p.h.

P.S.S. - I could be wrong on all of this. My grandfather got good results from a piece of Reynolds aluminium foil wrapped around the rabbit ears of his TV set. It was, however, a 10" black and white set. Things have changed since then.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1954
Q away, John A.!
You see, thisis the Rainbow foil and contains all the colours, thus making the entire proposal a Horse of a different colour, as it were.

Designed for recorded media it should be equally effective on any media at all, by reviews.
However, it will not slice, dice or make julienne fries instantly.

I contacted these nice folks via the link that Bleeder posted and they sent me a sample for free.Whether it works or not is subject to question, but the people were very nice.
Have not bombed my mail, just 1 followup, and have not come to my door on a Saturday morning.

It is, simply what it is. In an 'I'm OK your'e ok'; Zen; Transindental Meditation kind of way.

Happy Yogic Flying!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8106

I doubt The Flying Spaghetti Monster hears a difference.

Gold Member

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4071
"this is the Rainbow foil and contains all the colours"

I guess it works by reflecting back the stray light from the laser, so it doesn't wear out the disc by photodegradation.

The worrying thing is- where does it reflect it to...?

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1958
Your ears, Brother, your ears.
It's all in the head of the listener, JA.
It's a frame of mind type of thing.
A Musical Placebo, if I may.
It does nothing to the disc or the player, it is intended to affect/effect the listener.
How?
Refer to the above Yogic Flying.
Or the Flying Spaghetti Monster(which I have to Google).

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1959
Oh Pork, of course?!
Or the WTF?
And I thought I coined that one with the speakers. Dagnabbit, Muskie!

Gold Member

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4074
"Your ears, Brother, your ears."

Right. Thanks. That also explains why things sound better in the dark.

My new R. Apollo has a label inside the disc compartment saying "Do not look into the laser".

Google only after going to the source

http://flyingspaghettimonster.org/

Then there are the Pastafarians....

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1963
I have it now, Gratzi.(hey I ain't Italian)
And don't look straight into the laser.
But Mama...that's where the fun is...

Springsteen

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 868
john,

one of my friends up here at college has that in his aim profile. I thought I saw the last of that..

AARGH SAVE ME!!!

;-)

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8110

What is that a, b, a, b+, m, q, 1, h, # meter?

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 882
OK,

Jan can you describe what you're hearing, preferably, without using any words contained 2 or 3 syllables?

Yes, that's right. You can be monosyllabic or you can be polysyllabic (is that a word?) but you cannot use polysyllabic words containing 2 or 3 syllables unless you say "mother may I" three times and only after having spun the CD, at least, 3 times with the foil on it, positioned at 128 degrees longitude and 47 degrees latitude.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8138

Right now, I'm hearing the HVAC system.

There! How's that?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us