What's a Hawk to do?

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 735
Hey guys. Hawk may have to eat a little crow here, and he is prepared to do so, but there is a pressing issue that I need some advice regarding.

About mid-January, I noticed the display on my T753 began to flicker. Didn't happen all the time, but it began to happen with more frequency as time passed. Then about the end of February, right after my warranty expired, it began to flicker after about 20 minutes of use every time and it always would go into these wild gyrations as if the source were being changed at an incredibly rapid pace (but it did not affect the sound). Then, about the second week of March, it would go through this routine and then go completely dark--once it went dark, you could no longer control the receiver, other than adjusting the volume through the volume control knob. I couldn't even turn it off--it stayed on unless I switched it off with the master power switch on the back. It could not be tunred back on until it cooled down, then I could start it up again and we would go through this "tottentance" all over again. Off to my dealer, who collected $50 from me and he immediately ships it to the NAD contracted warranty station in Southern California. The dealer opines that the software probably become corrupted and it is simply a matter of re-flashing the memory--in other words, not a big deal to fix.

After two weeks, I haven't heard anything, so I go in today and ask about it. They call California and they learn the unit has been examined, but the service co. can't find the paperwork--they will have to dig up the estimate and call back (irksome, but OK--I go to lunch). Well, they call back and my dealer calls me--it will be another $450 over and above the $50 I already paid. I ask, increduously, what are they doing for that amount of money (a receiver I paid only $795 for)? Well, they want to replace the entire pre-pro section and the power supply. While this seems not unreasoanble for everything they want to replace, I cannot get any good answers from my dealer as to why they need to replace all of these parts, expecially as I am a mere 25 months out from my purchase. This is quite a learning experience for me as I realize as we have now reached the stage where the dealer cannot fix these things--they are too complex. Instead they have to be shipped out to the warranty service center. I have no way to speak to anyone to actually understand what went wrong. As an aside, I get to see my dealers log of units brought in for warranty repairs and what their problems are--I know now that I don't want a Yamaha anything.

Here is the issue: Do I authorize the repairs, or do I tell'em no, just send it back, and use the receiver as a power amp only (power amp section works fine) and buy a new pre-pro (I have my eye on the Outlaw Audio 970 which is only another $250 over the cost of the repairs)? My situation includes the fact that my finances are stretched with a daughter in college, which drains me of any ready cash. But are repairs simply good money after bad? Am I missing something?

Obviously, I am too emotionally charged up this evening to make a reasoned decision here, but I need to tell my dealer something in the next day or two. My situation is not helped by the fact that the wife is royally p.o.'ed about it and I am hearing it. So I thought I would ask my trusted friends, so keep the wisecracks to yourself (Nuck).

As many times as I have defended NAD on this forum, I am feeling betrayed. As I said, I will gladly eat crow a little later (filthy birds, BTW), but I am somewhat pressed right now by a need to make some decision here.

My dealer isn't going to bat for me as 1. I didn't buy from him; and, 2. I typically dealt with the other NAD dealer in town, but she died and her shop was closed down about a month ago, so I don't have the relationship with this dealer that might give me some help.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 468
Darn Hawk, that's bad luck. Maybe start a relationship with the new dealer - sorry, bad joke - really though, it's a tough question you ask. You could do the pre-pro route but then if the NAD's power amp follows the way of its pre - well perish the thought, but there lies the quandry doesn't it. For $450 maybe a used unit in good working order might be the answer. Sorry mate, not much help here.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1914
Myself, I would go the Outlaw route for 2 reasons.
Firstly, the power section of your Nad is far less likely to fail than the complexities of the pre section, and should provide long service.
Secondly, the Outlaw stuff is backed by the factory people. When you call(and you can at will), you get Da Man in person. No middle man, no unknown service people.

However, as the posts in the Outlaw Hideout say, the 970 has had issues of its own. These issues, however are all taken care of via the web based sortware updates.

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 88
DO NOT PAY THE $450 Hawk. That's outrageous!! What do you have to lose by getting the outlaw and using the NAD as an amp? For the extra $ I personally think it is a sound decision from a (preventative) cost/benefit stand point. Please keep us informed and GOOD LUCK.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2914
Just to tell you what I would likely do. I would dump the NAD and switch to Outlaw all around. The folks at Outlaw stand behind their gear. I was in your situation last year Hawk. I defended NAD on this forum many times until I wound up with "hoof in mouth" disease. Their AVR's stink which is too bad because at their best they are very good. The Outlaw pre/pro and power amp combo is very good and I believe will give you better service. Rotel makes another very good AVR and pre/pro power combo. However their AVR's are known to hum a bit.

Silver Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 133
Hawk,

I second Art suggestion.

As an Outlaw owner for over a year, I highly recommend them with our Dyns speakers.

Rotels would have been my first choice, but for the price, you can't beat the Outlaws.

I read somewhere that some of the engineers at Outlaw used to work for Rotel, no wonder they both sound so neutral and clear. Good luck.

Username: Nottingham365

MA USA

Post Number: 9
Considering the 1) high cost of repair relative to the original cost and 2) the proximity to the warranty expiration, my suggestion is to cut loose the NAD.

Best wishes.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 906
Go with Outlaw or Rotel or Marantz. I know you don't care for Denon that much.

I had the same issue with an NAD CD player where the display died even though everything else worked. They told me it would cost more to repair than to buy another one.

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 571
Hawk,

Another thought..I would contact NAD and tell them exactly what's happened the last few months, especially since you first noticed the problem while it was still within the warranty period. Also tell them what the repair center has recommended and get their thoughts on the action plan. A well thought and level-headed approach with NAD may yield a favorable solution. If not, worst case all it will cost is your time and effort. Good luck.

Username: Mr_smith

Canada

Post Number: 1
Hawk,

NAD should just send you a new receiver considering how many sales you've likely generated for them in the past couple of years ;)

Some advice if that doesn't happen...

Since money is tight and you like the sound of the NAD T753 so much, I would consider spending the $450 only if the repair shop would be willing to give you a 2 year warranty on any issues arising with the unit, regardless of whether or not they are related to the work they plan to perform.

I don't think you'd be disapponted with the Outlaw 970, however for an extra $200 I think I would go for the 1070 receiver (especially if you need to buy additional cables anyway) just in case something happened to the amps in the NAD.

Another option would be to get a receiver in the $400-$500 range to use as a pre-pro if you don't want to spend in excess of that amount.

Good luck!
Smitty

Silver Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 738
Thanks everyone--I must say I am leaning heavily towards getting something new. I am still surprised that the dealers now just send these units out for repairs--nobody fixes them on-site anymore. I have heard a lot of good comments about Outlaw standing behind their products, and I must say I like their business model where they are dealing directly with the customer. Rantz, however, has made a good point. If the power supply on my NAD needs to be replaced, how long before I find the amp section no longer works? Hmmm, something to ponder. Therefore, I am now looking at a new receiver. Outlaw 1070 (Two year warranty, but great warranty support) or Marantz SR7500 (Marantz has a three year warranty, but has the more traditional warranty support) are leading candidates, and surprisingly, my wife seems to support the idea. I cannot run my Dyns with the Marantz (can't handle a 4 ohm load across the fronts), but I was looking to replace them with NHT L-5s anyways, so maybe that is the way to go. I would prefer to go the separates route, but don't feel I have the cash to do it. Anyways, I thank all of you for your input, It was very helpful and most appreciated.

Stof:

Yeah, I understand your experience--it seems we live in a disposable society where it is cheaper to throw broken things away instead of fixing them.

Elderion:

You heard that Outlaw was started by some refugees from Rotel? Wow, that is an interesting twist! And yes, to me it helps explain to sound of their amps, some would say are neutral and some would say a bit cold, but quality sound nevertheless.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 437
Hawk: I'm sorry to read of your issues. As others have already wrote... I wouldn't pay the $450 to "fix" the NAD. I would take my money somewhere else.

It's a great opportunity to check out some new gear! I'm looking at Outlaw and some other separates myself.

You just motivated me to spend money today.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4057
Hawk,

Great posts about bad news. Try going to NAD HQ and see if they can suggest anything. If it is software, it can be fixed. There are hardware "known issues" that can be solved easily by people who can make an accurate first guess based on previous experience. Also, I do not think receivers are too complex for an electrician with a service manual and test equipment, and parts are not so expensive. The $450 quote will be mostly people's generous estimate of their own time and overheads.

Bronze Member
Username: Walkeye

Post Number: 18
I'm with Sem and Smitty all the way on this one. Although I have been but a mere lurker on this site for a couple of years, I do believe that NAD has something of a stake in properly handling your (particular) situation. You have been a STRONG proponent of their products since the first day I read this forum. It would be foolish for them to turn their back on such an outspoken advocate of their product. As Sem said, all it would cost is a little time and effort. This is obviously, an excellent opportunity to "see what they're really made of." Good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 440
Johan_A wrote: The $450 quote will be mostly people's generous estimate of their own time and overheads

Somehow, the quote always becomes the price. :-)

I do think that NAD "owes" Hawk as a cheerful backer of the product. Sometimes, Hawk, a ltter to the CEO can be powerful.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1916
John A, the discrete circuit boards in these things have connection barely discernable to the human eye, and must be mated to test bench setups designed only for each type of board or panel.
That is why the backroon teckkies cannot do it anymore.
I work with these types of boards,and sometimes wish for old 'card racks' with exposed caps and triac's and such, but they have joined the do-do in electronic heaven.
Do-do's was good eatin' BTW, probably not aiding their cause.

Hawk, the amp section works fine, right?
With a 970, you are good to go with the Nad for a bit, a while or forever.
With the Pre in place, if the Nad croaks, the amp, or amps(whoop) are easy!
Thus buying you time for the kid to get a boffo job and buy you some goodies in return!
Good, Ja?

Gold Member

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4059
Thanks, Nuck. I fixed my own NAD T760 5.1 receiver by replacing components on the DTS/AC-3 board. The T573 may be a bit different, but it is a direct descendant, and I would think the basic layout will be much the same.

I am no expert, but I thought Hawk's first dealer's diagnosis sounded about right, and it should not be a big job. Since it is out of warranty, I would open it up and just take a look.

Hawk; I wonder if you can find a local repair shop? Too bad that your own NAD dealer closed down, but that means you will not be on your own in needing repair services. There is an independent repair shop not far from me that claims it can fix anything and has framed certificates all over the wall from many different major makers. That doesn't help you - shipping would be massive - but there may well be similar places in Denver and Boulder. Take a look in Yellow pages or similar.

BTW, my NAD-based surround system still runs fine, but for the last year I have been living away from it, and have acquired a different two-channel-only system. This includes an NAD T533 DVD/CD player, which I have just supplemented with a dedicated Rega Apollo CD player for music. The latter gives a significant improvement in sound quality, but I cannot complain about the performance and price of the NAD player. I still think NAD is one of the brands one can recommend.

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 171
Hawk,

Sorry to hear about your receiver woes especially as its only a month out of warranty. I know the feeling as I've had pieces of kit die on me just out of warranty........grrr!

Have you contacted NAD directly and explained your exact situation? It's worth a try at least you never know they may sympathise.

If it does'nt work out I can only speak for the Marantz product out of the two you are/maybe looking at and have found my SR4300 absolutely faultless over the two and a half years I've owned it. Thoroughly recommend them (touch wood). Haven't heard their latest line, although I did go to another av show recently to have a listen to their latest line but alas they were only showing the new higher priced stereo kit but from what I've been reading the SR7500 is a cracker but then you know that already.

Not much help but hope you get it sorted.

Silver Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 743
Here is an update on my situation:

Went to the dealer this morning to get a more complete explanation of what the service depot intends to do. He tells me that it was, in fact, the main power supply that needed to be replaced. Additionally, the "control keyboard," which is the controls for the receiver operation went bad (this is what was causing the flickering display that would then go dark). As an aside, I must say I was taken aback by the fact that the dealer did not know what kind of warranty would be offered on the repairs. He promised to call Monday and find out theri warranty and then call me. Nevertheless, I would think there would be some type of warranty on the repairs made (i.e., if the new power supply craps out in a month, they should fix that free, IMO). This is important information when considering a brand, IMO. I will report back on what I hear.

Anyways, although it was not stated, from his description, I surmised that it was the power supply that went bad first causing the more vulnerable control keyboard to die. In light of the fact that the main power supply needs to be replaced, that scuttles my idea of using the NAD as a power amp and getting a new pre/pro from Outlaw. Doesn't sound like my NAD would last very long if I tried it.

Additionally, I haven't been that satisfied by the receiver options available to me. I could get a Marantz 7500 (very appealing power and controls), but I could only afford the refurb'ed unit from Accessories4Less, but I would need to buy an extended warranty which would add another $50-100 to the tab which was getting out of my comfort zone for rationalizing buying this unit. My other option was the Outlaw 1070, but that unit is more money than I have and less power than what I had (which is really barely enough for my room), so neither choice was all that satisfactory.

Bottom line: I paid to have the NAD repaired. I really want separates, so perhaps this will be my bridge to getting them in the future. Also, it appears that the problem was the power supply and not the pre/pro section (although the power supply apparently took down the pre/pro as I would expect would happen anytime a power supply goes bad, regardless of the brand--just collateral damage apparently), and given the fact that I have heard no reports of power supplies going bad on NADs makes me beleive this was just bad luck (or caused by that wretched table saw of my neighbors!). So, we are going to give the liitle brute another chance.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2924
Good luck Hawk.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1946
Another intrepid explorer forges ahead into the great unknown of repaired electronics.
We salute you, Hawk.

Gold Member

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4070
Good luck, Hawk. Chances are it will be good as new. There is a spec sheet in the service manual, and they should pick up any residual problems. You should still check the warranty on the repaired unit..

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 879
what is going on with NAD? They used to be some of the best budget equipment you could buy...

Bronze Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 17
Hawk,

It's Coby.. As a new member to the Ecoustics Forum, I read this thread for the first time. I 've been on this forum for only a week and Hawk has provided me more insight, suggestion and help than anyone has ever provided me in any forum I have ever participated in. His posts take A LOT of time to write. I know there are a lot of people here that feel that way about Hawk's dedication too.
Obviously, this unfortunate incident happened before I began posting here...yet, Hawk, the dedicated helper continued to promote NAD. My post was looking for some insight about what kind of receiver I should get to pair up to my newly purchased Paradigm Titans. He suggested a 742, 320bee and other components to compliment my speakers. He did not need to do that...but that just goes to show the type of guy Hawk is: honest.
Here's what I would like to see happen. Is there anyone that has an "in" at NAD? anyone? Bueller? anyone? Maybe we can band together and address this ourselves, I've seen the history of NAD suggestions that Hawk has "hawked" (haha)in his over 750 posts on this Forum. NAD needs to know this! Hawk has been an advocate for the brand and has no-doubtedly increased their sales, a lot more than the $450 he had to shell out to fix his 'just out of warranty' receiver.
If you want, Hawk, I will provide the testimony on your behalf with NAD corporate - just send me an email and provide the specifics and I would be more than happy to call them on this forum's behalf. We need to leverage your VIP status here and get them to take care of you. My email is cobyutterback@hotmail.com

Coby

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2966
I hope NAD takes care of Hawk. He deserves that. Let me say however that there comes a point when enough of us get burned by a product (NAD AVR's being one such product) that it borders on negligent to keep recommending it. Hawk has not been around here recently to see how many of us have lost hard earned dollars with the NAD AVR's. Other NAD products continue to provide good bang for the buck but buying their AVR's is more like playing a game of chance, one that I am not willing to play with other folks money.

BTW Coby Rotel and Paradigm, make a great combo.

Good luck helping Hawk get satisfaction from NAD. Your post is quite kind and generous and we would all agree that Hawk has earned it.

Username: Bien9999

I don't know if this will help, but around July of 2004, I had purchased a T753 from my dealer which had similar problems.
The problem started within a few days of hooking everything up. It would work without a problem for hours on end but occasionally, the display would go blank and I was not able to use the remote. I had exchanged the unit 2 additional times with the same problem before the dealer had NAD's tech speak with me. They basically thought it was a bad soldering job on the one of the circuit board which became loose as the units got warm from use. NAD was willing to exchange the unit directly but my dealer ended up giving me a T763 instead to be on the safe side.
BTW it was not an overheating issue as the rack is an open rack with plenty of room and air flow all around.
It is a shame that NAD's quality in the receiver line has diminished.
Although I favor the NAD sound, next time around unless I purchase separates, I will more likey look at Marantz, Denon or even Rotel if budget permits.
Have you contacted NAD directly about the problem, since it is only a short time out of warrantee, they may choose to repair the unit free of charge sans the shipping fee.

Good luck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2078
HelpHawk.com has a nice ring to it, even if it never gets to Ferris Beuller levels.

Bronze Member
Username: Afrogt

Post Number: 32
I was going to say get a HK 635 and use the amps in your NAD to power the Dynaudio fronts and use the HK's amps for the other speakers. But it sounds like you have a bad power supply in the NAD. Man $450 is a lot of money to repair a $700 receiver. I don't know if I would have fixed it.

The HK 435/635 would make a great pre/pro and the amp section is very good too, but I dunno if its good enough for your power hungry Dynaudios.

I can't believe NAD wouldn't fix your unit so close to the warranty period. That's one thing HK is known for, good customer service.

Silver Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 784
Yeah, believe me, Greg, I am feeling the pain. As far as fixing it one thing I failed to mention is that NAD had contracted with a new outside vendor to be its warranty service center. I know many people assume that these companies do their own warranty work, but that is actually very rare. Almost everyone uses an outside vendor to do the warranty work. Consequently, the dealer I was working through had no relationship with this new vendor (and I had no relationship with the dealer as my dealer had died and her shop was closed). So all around, I was dealing with the short stick, so to speak. Still, I have concluded I am essentially getting a whole new unit as so much of the electronics need to be replaced (when the p.s. goes bad, it will take a lot down with it), so when it finally returns, I should have a new receiver. I am looking forward to seeing how it sounds and works.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 543
My fingers are crossed for you Hawk. Although I was nervous about getting a NAD receiver, I did relent and put a 2 channel system into the works and now have a C162/C272 with a C542CDP. I use the 272 to drive the front mains in the HT system and for hi-res multichannel discs. This works very well and I love the NAD with my 602S3's. The NAD distributors here in Aus use recommended outside vendors for repair work. The local dealer once did it himself - I wonder whether he became a bit overwhelmed. Just about all brands here on the coast use one vendor for warranty repairs - so we don't expect expedient service - my plasma has been waiting for almost 2 mths. Modern times!

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 150
Hawk,

Regarding the former dealer of NAD, did her last name start with a G? I think my dealer here might be a relation to her.

Keep us posted on how your repair turns out. I think you are right about your neighbor's saw being the primary suspect. :-)

Happy Easter.

Silver Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 791
My dealer called this morning and my NAD has returned! I am going to install it this afternoon and I will report back once I have it up and running again.

E:

The answer to your question is yes; and, to avoid my neighbor's saw ever being a problem again, I have also installed a Monster Power HTS-3500MkII to filter out the noise in the electrical service. I hope this works. Thank goodness he finished his deck!

Happy Easter to you, as well.

Silver Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 792
First Impressions:

Well, I must day NAD did right by me. I got back from dinner, went around the house finishing some chores, and finally got around to unpacking my T753, fresh from the NAD repair depot. I opened the box and I am surprised to find a whole new set of documents, new manual, warranty card, etc., all in factory wrapping. Underneath, I find a brand new remote. Now, my remote was not returned with the receiver, so this is a shock, but a very pleasant one as the NAD remote is one of the better remotes around and I like the idea of having a second NAD remote. Won't have to hunt for it after my daughter is through watching her Japanese animae DVDs. Underneath my new remote is what appears to be a brand new receiver--could this really be? There are no marks on the unit and it appears to be wrapped in the original factory wrappings. Underneath the receiver, also in the original factory wrappings are new antennae, power cord, second zone remote and new batteries for the main remote. I can understand getting a refurb, but you almost always get something telling you that your unit has been replaced with a refurbished unit. No such disclaimer here. I think this is brand new--I am going to have to track down my old papaerwork to see about the serial numbers, but this is pretty cool--I may be up late tonight . . . .

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 947
Well don't complain too loudly about not getting your old unit back :-)

It is very possible that they determined the unit had more problems than just the power supply (like the board being blown out) and just decided to give you a new unit.

That's great. You deserve it. Hopefully this one lasts though.

Bronze Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 28
Hawk,

Question, I found a refurb 743 at Spearit Sound.com for $499.00 and was wondering if this a good route to go to save the $200 at retail?
Your thoughts??

Silver Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 796
Coby:

That is a great bargain--yes, I would go for it. I have long advocated refurbs as a good way to go largely because you get the savings and the return rate (rate of bad units) is 1/20 that of new, according to industry groups. I believe NAD refurbs have a 1 year warranty (better than many), but you might ask about an extended warranty if you are concerned. If so, you shouldn't pay more than $50 for a three year warranty.

New Observations:

I have determined this is a clearly a new unit. Certainly isn't my old unit as the serial number is different (and no, Stof, I am not complaining--LOL!!!!). Also, there is a sticker saying the software is Version 2.0 (previous unit did not have this). And, this unit has something I really like--the volume knob is aluminum (aluminium for our British friends). I had one of the first T753s available (I had ordered a 753, but my dealer gave me one of the first 753 available instead). It came with a nice plastic volume control knob (nice because it was fairly stiff, not one of those squishy ones found on some other brands), but when I touched this one, I recognized it was cold to the touch and stiffer than I expected--clearly an aluminum knob. Reminds me of the type of knobs from those nice receivers in the 70s. It is taking some real time to get this installed into my cabinet--I need to rewire some things and get my speakers back from my study, where I have listening to two channel music. Even my wife is happy. . . .

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1159
Glad to hear everything's working out Hawk. I have a curiousity question though - Since it's a different unit, new or refurbed, does it get a new warantee? Sometimes a replacement unit gets one, sometimes it doesn't.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2176
HelpHawk.com works!
Although not quite Ferris levels, perhaps the call I made to Nad helped a bit.

ps, the guys at Nad watch the forum now.

Silver Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 798
Nuck:

Thanks for the help! The tech at my dealer says my 753 does come with a warranty, but he had no idea what it was. He promised to call me on Monday to let me know.

HOLD THE PHONES--this is earth-shattering news, well maybe not to you, but it certainly caught my attention. Well, I got everything hooked up and I connected my NAD to a new pair of NHT L-5s, which will hang on the wall. I still need an NHT center, but my Dynaudio will do for the present. I popped in a new (to me) sampler SACD from Telarc, containing the selections of Harry Pearson of The Absolute Sound from the Telarc catalog. Fourteen wonderful tracks. Well, what was so jaw dropping was not only the sound, but it was so good, my wife stopped what she was doing and came in to sit down with me to listen. THIS NEVER HAPPENS! In 25 years of marriage, it has only happened once before (when I first got the Maggies). Then she said, "Let's listen again." SACD, when done right, is truly incredible, as proven by the toughest critic in the world..

The NHTs work better than my Dynaudio 42Ws for my room, which has 18' ceilings, and is open behind the front wall into the second floor and into the Living Room/Dining Room area in the front of my house. They are a little more efficient too, although not greatly (86db vs 84db). All in all, a real improvement in the sound of the system. The NAD, as usual, drove the system with aplomb--simply effortless. Now I think it is time for that new Hsu sub I have been coveted.

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 151
Glad to hear the good results. My respect for NAD have just climbed several rungs, right up there with the best. Kudos to NAD and everyone here.

Happy listening all.

Username: Bvg

Arvada, CO

Great news, Hawk! I'm new to NAD, and to this board.

NAD has a service guy in Loveland, whom I've met. Seems pretty solid to me. Glad to hear that NAD did the right thing afterall.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us