JBL opinions?

Anonymous
How good are the JBL speakers: Northridge or studio series? Are they comparable to Bose speakers?

Mark Parker
I am also very intrested in buying a pair of JBL Northridge's. But I live in the uk and i don't think you can even buy them over here only in America. Is this true??

Brian
I have personally always been a JBL fan, but it depends on what you like. I haven't heard any of the studio series, but the specs on them seem good. I have heard the northridge center channel, and it's pretty good considering it's only 2-way. I have a pair of JBL TXI171 floorstanding towers for my fronts, and I've been very happy with them since I got them about 5 years ago. As far as Bose goes, I would stay away from them. They have horrible specs (if you can find them) and they cost way too much.

Anonymous
Gentlemen, expand your search, get away from mass producers..there is a plethora of QUALITY speaker producers out there...As an owner of a Bose Lifestyle system, i can tell you 1st hand they are over-rated ,and very expensive..Take a lokk at Energy or RBH speakers

Anonymous
I have a pair of jbl s38IIs (studio series). I love the speakers, but i think my reciever (denon 1603) has a little trouble powering them sometimes. Better than Bose, but def. look away from mass producers. i got the s38iis for a great price, otherwise, would have looked elsewhere. very happy with them in the end though. just be prepared to be more critical of the quality of production in your favorite CDs (you can really here the layering of the production which is great for bands that produce their music well, ie. Radiohead, but you can also hear the poor production).

superfecta
JBL Northridge series are not bad at all.I have the Towers,satellites and PB10 and have no complaints.Not real efficient speakers,but anything over 50 watts per channel would do.Bose is more efficient,but is more expensive.

If I Will be Forced to Listen to Music by JBL xti20s I Prefer Quit Music and When This Highly Priced Speakers are Very Bad Then I Don't Like JBL At All.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us