Reciever for LSi

Unregistered guest
OK...I am severely noob with audio equipment. I am looking for advice on a reciever (I think) for playing mainly loud music and sometimes movies, to power a Polk LSi system:

Front LSi 25s
Rear LSi 15s
Center LSiC & Woofer LSiW

7.1 is preferred, but not necessary

So Im not sure if just a reciever will be fine or if i need an amp? (does that work with the reciever?), (side question...what is the purpose of a preamp?)

Also ive read all the previous posts regarding the whole 4 ohm thing, i get that i need something that can power 4 ohms, but there are so many out there i was looking for some personal use or personally reviewed adivce...(im not inclined to believe the salespersons, since they were recommending an 8 ohm reciever for this setup...)

Thanks

Unregistered guest
Woops forgot the $$...like everybody else, would like to spend the least money for the best quality...
I have no idea how much it can run, but definatly need to keep it under 2000 for the reciever, preferably less...and whatever extra for a good amp or preamp (if i need one?)

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 533
for your Polks here is what I would use.
http://www.outlawaudio.com/holiday-sale.html#
owner bias of course, but I've had a good experience with them. These are separates and you get a great deal if you buy the Pre/pro at the same time and well within your budget. Excellent power supplies and headroom to drive the most difficult of speakers.
Of course there's the NAD T763...very nice!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us