Which Cables......

Username: Pal

Pune, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 8
hi guys...

After all the advice (thanks for that), u all gave me, i have finally ordered the B&W 602 S3, along with NAD 320 BEE, NAD 521 BEE.......in India u need to order the speakers and it takes a while before u get it !!!!
now what i need to know is what kind of cables shd i buy to get the best out of these.....and this is something abt which i don't know anything at all !!
plzzzzzzz help me...

and thanks Hawk...u really helped me make up my mind....

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 42
On the topic of Speaker Cables (not simple wires) and interconnect cables (not OEM patch cords) - personally I recommend Straight Wire because they interface quite well with most components and are clean, neutral, well made. They last SO LONG (almost forever) that viewing the cost of even their PRICEY cables, on a per year basis, is just a few pennies a day (if that) and the sonic improvement is completely worthwhile.

Silver Member
Username: Disco_stan

Minnesota

Post Number: 139
Chico,
What model of Straight Wire cables do you have? I'm looking into getting the Quartet model but was recommended to get the Symphony when I emailed the guys and the Symphony is way out of my budget.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
On my Technics DVD to Toshiba Large Screen TV I have - Symphony II interconnect
On NAD 541i CD player to NAD AMP - I have Rhapsody II interconnect
Speaker cables: I have BOTH Sextet and "NEW" Symphony, but am using Sextet only on my Paradigm FOCUS, but when I get Monitor 5's 'this summer will bi-wire with both speaker cables. The tremendous bass and midrange detail conveyed by the Symphony are a little too much signal for the FOCUS to handle, so the sextet is perfect.
On Toshiba VCR to TV I have Silver Link II video cable.
On my older NAD Monitor and Thiels 2.3's I used Maestro (not maestro II)

Quartet cables are nothing to dismiss, they sound great - as do all the Level One cables from straight wire. Try e-bay, audiogon.com for used cables, they still sound great used and prices are right.

Straight Wire for me!

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 223
obviously everyone has there thought on speaker
wire and interconects.

i personally believe once you have descent cables
there is no sonic difference in the ultra expensive
ones compaired to the good quality ones.

to me it is just a marketing ploy so the cable
companies can make huge profits.

and you do not need the salon selectives cables
to produce great audio.

money could be spent much better in other areas.

manish recently i have rewired and recabled my
system and found the acoustic research products
from best buy affordable and quality made.

personally i would not go any smaller of wire
than 16 gauge.

obviously the wire gets larger with 12 or 14 and
if you can get a good deal on larger wire by all
means go for it.

but i don't bye into all the hype
of extrtemly expensive cables and wires.

and the markup on that stuff is silly.

Username: Elite

Post Number: 2
good post by kegger
i agree 100%
expensive cable are a total rip
just dont go super cheap
if you can only see the difference on a scope then i doubt you will hear a bit of difference!
i have tried expensive cables
never again

Silver Member
Username: Disco_stan

Minnesota

Post Number: 141
Chico,
Ok, So if I do go with the Quartets will the spade connection on the amplifier side of the cable fit in my NAD C270 amp terminal?

I didn't find what I was looking for on either site, But thanks for the help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
The spade connection will fit nicely on the amplifier terminals of your NAD. Speaker terminal sizes (and styles) differ slightly by brand, so if you already have the speakers, and are getting custom terminations for your Straight Wire cables (and I DO hope you opt for them), your shop (or straight wire) will terminate them to precisely fit your speakers for optimum signal interface. If you can't measure your speaker terminals, any manufacturer can tell you via-email. Remember, your cables last almost FOREVER, they burn-in fully after about 50 hours of use, sonically they never degrade like electronics or speaker driver material does. Many better audio shops allow you to audition cables before buying; a recommended practice.Nice speaker cable!

Username: New2ht

Post Number: 5
Regular electrical extension cords can also do the trick. You just have to terminate them into banana plugs and ignore the 3rd (ground) wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us