Which one BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Sue
Unregistered guest
OK
Guys
Can a girl get some info?
Which one (and don't you boys worry about the speakers) do I choose?
Yamaha RXV1400 or the Pioneer Elite VSX53TX

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 196
if i'm going on pure build quality the p-elite.

if i wanted plenty of sound fields/features the yamaha.

sound quality i choose the p-elite.

i've actually heard some descent things about the
new yamaha 1400 and 2400 but if it was me and i
had to pick one i'd pick the p-elite.

Username: Levike

Cathedral City, California USA

Post Number: 6
I would say Pionee Eilte all the way
I own the 43TX and I could not be happier.

If you ask me Pioneer Elite all the way

DUKE
Unregistered guest
rxv1400!!! HOME THEATER OR MUSIC,ITS GREAT!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 98
Well I would worry about the speakers. The VSX53 sounds warm and detailed while V1400 cold, steril and detailed. So the selection should be based on your speakers and how they sound. In most cases The Pioneer will be better. !!!!11!!1!!11!!1...

Bronze Member
Username: W9cw

Urbana, IL

Post Number: 33
Here we go again . . .

I own a NAD T753 and an Yamaha RX-V1400, however, I have never owned a Pioneer Elite receiver. Thus, I really can't objectively compare the Elite to the RX-V1400.

However, the March 2004 issue of HI-FI CHOICE magazine - a UK monthly - recently tested the Pioneer VSX-AX3 and the Yamaha RX-V1400RDS (the European version of the RX-V1400 with the RDS tuning system used in Europe). The VSX-AX3 is the same as either the 43TX or 53TX marketed here in the USA - which one I don't know (I haven't compared the specs).

The magazine rated the build quality exactly the same for the Pioneer and the Yamaha (both at a percentile rating of 85%). For features, the Pioneer was rated at 94%, and the Yamaha 95%. Overall sound quality: Pioneer 58% (with sub-ratings of 52% for 2-channel stereo and 64% for HT); Yamaha 80% (with sub-ratings of 75% for 2-channel stereo and 85% for HT). Overall value ratings were 72% for the Pioneer and 85% for the Yamaha. Reviews are on pages 67 and 69 respectively. Of course, these are the ratings by those in the review team, and may include subjectives as well, thus you have to take all reviews with a certain level of suspicion.

Unless one owns a specific model of the Pioneer Elite and the Yamaha RX-V1400, and compares both on a "A" and "B" side-by-side basis, an objective analysis and recommendation simply cannot be made. Only subjective recommendations based upon one's own brand loyalty and preference is possible.

For what it's worth, owning the T753 and RX-V1400 (as well as three (3) other NAD 2-channel receivers/integrated amps), I prefer the NAD sound for 2-channel stereo - always have. But, then again, I've used NAD products since 1980, and my "ear" is used to the voicing and timbre of NAD. On the other hand, the Yamaha presents much more detail in the 2-channel mode, but is superior to the NAD in HT. The Yamaha has no extraneous noise or hiss, no delays in changing tracks or layers on DVD's, excellent decoding of all surround modes . . . everything works exactly as advertised. That's why I own both! Plus, the Yamaha has been absolutely glitch free since purchase.

My strong suggestion to you Sweet Sue is this: audition both the Elite and the Yamaha. If possible, take your speakers into the dealer and critically listen to both on 2-channel stereo and HT. This is really the only objective way to determine which one you prefer.

Sweet Sue
Unregistered guest
You guys have been great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the deal -
There were 2 guys that I was dating (key word "was") anyway one said Yahama 1400 the other P-Elite 53. I think they were trying to make each other look bad. So I just want to know which one is better all around, quality has always been a big factor with me. The salesmen seem to tell you only what you want or need to hear.
Its a great idea taking the speakers into audition the two receivers - but not possible. Speakers will come later and I will be sure to match up to which ever receiver I get.
So again it just comes down to the bottom line of which one is the best - they both sound great to me
Thanks again everybody for all your help.
-ss

Unregistered guest
Sweet Sue, for the "sweetest" sounding surround reciever, look into the new Panasonic XR-45. For around $350.00 this gem has even the hard nosed audiophiles singing it's praises. Some have even compared it favorably to $5K and $10k amps. Do a search on some high end web sites like audiogon or audio asylum and see for yourself.

j. vigne
Unregistered guest
Sue - Which do you really like? That's the one to buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us