Audigon Seller wants Money Order ONLY?

Bronze Member
Username: Restlesstimes

Washington , DC United States

Post Number: 17
How safe is this? Is there anyway to protect yourself?

Username: Biraan

Post Number: 2
Not really, Ebay works pretty good they come down on people who dont ship products pretty hard. See if they have ebay and what their feed back is. If theres alot and its high I would trust them.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 426
check the audiogon feedback scores and content. Its serious business for the regular sellers to have one bad transaction.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 159
Is this the same one selling the bryston 14B? I personally wouldnt give someone a money order w/o some type of insurance. Maybe ask why he wont use bidpay, or paypal? at least that way your protected. If he requests you pay the 3% fee for paypal, its worth it.

Bronze Member
Username: Restlesstimes

Washington , DC United States

Post Number: 18
He says he is not equipped for credit cards and he doesn't deal with paypal anymore. His feedback is 16 and all is positive. But I am uncomfortable sending 900 bucks by money order without any safety net

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 177
I bought a reciever on audiogon using a money order and sold another the same way. Reputation is big deal there, plus there is a dispute forum in case things go south. Like mentioned above if you are nervous you should stay away from sellers without a solid rep

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 160
T.K.
Id be so unconfortable that I just wouldnt do it, another deal is bound to come along where you wont feel like your just puting your hard earned cash into a slot machine, hoping to hit a jackpot. 900 bucks is 900 bucks, regardless of feedback IMO. Itd be pretty easy for the seller to grab you cash, and disappear from audiogon. Im curious why he wont deal w/paypal? Or bidpay? Sounds like the only way you will be protected is to not do the deal, even if the guy "could" be honest.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 887
T.k. you may want to check out audioconsultant (http://audioconsultants.com). Last time I was in the store they had a used Bryston. They may still have it, and you can be sure you deal with a reputable store.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2889
Audiogon is the safest of them all but there are always risks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us