Flac files to making cd's help

Username: Mikeh69

Ocean, Nj Usa

Post Number: 1
Hi I was wonering I have been buying shows from a website all in flac format. I have been downloading them using bit torrent and decoding with flac front end to wav files. I then use itunes to drag each wav song to formulate the entire show that I then burn to cd. Everything has been working fine but sonically I have noticed that the sound of the flac/wav cd's don't have the sonic detail that a regular manufactured cd has . Am I doing something wrong or does flac sound like a smooth high end mp3 mike

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 38
I'm not sure what you're using to convert to WAV Mike, but there may be some degradation in sound quality in the conversion ... However, most likely, the live recording itself is not going to sound as sonically distinct as a studio recording (of course) ... so take a careful listen to the original FLAC files on your PC and make sure that the CDs burned from them sound identical ... Just don't expect the CD to sound any better than the original FLAC ...

... Also, try this program ... it burns FLAC Files straight to CD ... and it's free ... maybe you will hear a difference in sound this way, without having to first convert to WAV ...

http://burnatonce.com/index.htm?downloads

... Best Wishes ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us