Blew the Paradigm Studio 60 V3's.

Bronze Member
Username: Iceberg

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 46
Yesterday i was listening to some music when i noticed a cracking noise coming from one of the Bass Driver on the right hand side on the studio 60.

I did not even had the volume up loud. Maybe medium listening level. Anyways phoned my dealer right away.

They told me to bring the speaker in. Last night i did. They checked the studio 60 out and found that the Bass Driver was blown. Anyways the guy's at the store was great. They replaced the Bass Driver with a new one and everything was great.

But this morning i noticed now that my Mid Range driver is not working. I am so upset. I wonder if it is a internal problem with the speaker like a blown cross over or something?

Anyways called the dealer again. They are going to call paradigm and see if they can get me new pair of 60's.

I cant believe my luck. I just had these speakers for few days.

Should i ask them to get the one speaker replaced since the other one works great or should they replace the pair.

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks,

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 826
I find it hard to believe that the speaker is to fault.

you might want to take a look at your amplification. What are you using to drive these again?

Bronze Member

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 47
Well i find it hard to beieve also since i am using Rotel RSX 1067. I had lot of speakers in my life time. This is the first time something like this ever happened.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 828
I'm betting no one is pleased with this situation. Give them a chance to make it right for you.

Bronze Member

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 48
Thanks Timn8ter,

The dealer thinks i got a faulty speaker. They will talk to Paradigm for me to see what they can do. Also the dealer knows what kind of system i have since i bought everything there. And they know it shouldn't be the receiver.

The problem is, i swore that the Mid Range driver worked before i got the speaker over to the dealer. It stopped working after they replaced the Bass Driver. I wonder if they screwed up with the wires or not?

Anyways i hope i can get this resolved fast. need my speaker back. Allready miss it.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1738
It's a heartache, for sure, Iiker.
But, like most other things elecric, if it survives 90 days, it should last forever, like your XO.

You have been a steady customer for these guys, and now the dealer factor will make it right.

It is not just a store, it's the people inside that make the difference.

Let us know!

Bronze Member

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 49
Thanks Nuck,

Your right with that store & people factor. The people are great their. They took the Bass Drive out right away and tested it. I was suprised, because i didn't expect them to do this right away.

They said they never seen a Paradigm speaker come back to them. Never.. They think one of the speakers could have been damaged on shipping or faulty. At no time they blamed me for this which was Great.

The sales rep. i deal with told me to buy a lotto ticket since the odds of this happening was 1000000 to 1. Maybe i get lucky with that :-)

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 827
this is really surprising to me. This is the first time I have heard of a faulty paradigm speaker.

I have heard stories of faulty mass market speakers, but this does surprise me.

I also doubt that it is your reciever now that that was brought up, as the rotel has more than enough juice to drive those speakers properly.

again... hmmmmm

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1744
Iiker, all the wires are tight and in phase?
How loud was it?(not that it matters, those would shut down the amp before breaking the speakers).
What were you listening to again?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2875
I've owned alot of Paradigm speakers and used them with amplifiers as powerful as 250 watts per channel. Also used them with a Rotel AVR, never blown one. Not even close.

I did buy a pair of Atoms for a bedroom a few years back and the tweeter was not tightened down on the cabinet. I also blew a PDR10 subwoofer a couple of years ago. Those are the only problems I've had with at least 12 pairs of speakers and 8 subs.

I'm sure your next one will be fine.

Bronze Member

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 50
Hi nuck,

I checked all the cables over and over again. Everything is plugged in correct. I use all Monster cables and Banana plugs.The receiver volume on the rotel showed approx. 85 db when the speaker went.

I was listening to a CD from DMX. Wanted to see how good the Bass is on these speakers. I guess DMX and Paradigm don't like each other. :-)

Bronze Member

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 51
Again guy's i beleive the Rotel Volume was at 75 or 85. I am not to sure. I listened to lot of CD's at that level before and there was no problems. Maybe these speakers don't like too much Bass. Because i am OK when listening to Jazz at that level. Or my wife listens to Sarah brightman pretty loud and no problems what so ever. It was crystal clear.

Bronze Member

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 52
Now i am wondering if my Receiver is OK. Should i get that checked out at the dealer also to make sure everything is running fine. The Rotel receiver is very new also. I bought it couple weeks ago with the Paradigm package.

I am getting paranoid now with everything.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 828
you don't have to worry about those speakers and bass. You can throw bass heavy recordings at them and need not worry.

Don't be paranoid, but unfortunatly it comes with the territory.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1779
Your'e talking about me, I know you are.

Bronze Member

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 53
Hi guy's

Just an update. Paradigm will be sending me new speaker to replace the faulty one. They think something happend on delivery.

Anyways i am very happy with their service. Thumbs up for Paradigm.

Cheers,

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 829
I agree... paradigm produces great speakers in all price levels, especially the sig. series.

I am not surprised that the customer service is just as good.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 858
Just because nobody is chasing you, it doesn't mean you're not paranoid. LOL

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1884
I was following Ilker, and nobody was chasing him.

Bronze Member
Username: Dobyblue

St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 63
Haha, that's funny.

Good to hear Paradigm's looking after you. Most of their floorstanding speakers come with a factory 5 year warranty so I wouldn't worry about cranking it and feeling your smile go from ear to ear when you get them hooked back up.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 901
wow I need to get my mind out of the gutter... I just made a sarcastic post on the $20 tweak thread, and just realised the thread title can be taken SOOO wrong.

:-P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us