Onkyo HT-R500

JamesJ
Unregistered guest
I was listening to my onkyo htr-500 reciever(hts-650) with it set to video 1 through my vcr while watching tv. I put the volume up to 90 which I have a few times before with no problem, but this time it turned off. I guess it went into protect mode, but it didn't say "protect" or anything (not sure if it's suppose to).

After I turned it back on it was fine, but then I raised the volume to only 70 and it did it again, then turned it back on and it did it in the 60s. Kept trying a few times after that and it seemed to keep going off when the volume was set in the 60s.

So then I unplugged the receiver for like 10-15 minutes, plugged it back in and I've turned it up to 80 (afraid to go higher) and it's working ok now. Is this thing going to be ok? In the manaul it says if it goes into protect mode to bring it to a service center, I'm really hoping I don't have to as the warranty is no longer covered. Although I don't feel this is my fault as I should be able to turn the thing up to 90....I mean it was loud, but It souldnt have done that. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

JamesJ
Unregistered guest
Anyone? It still seems to be working ok...is it safe to crank it up again? Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us