Need Advice-Paradigm Subs

Username: Prudence

Post Number: 4
Considering upgrading my Paradigm pw2200 to a Paradigm Servo15 or would I be better with just adding another pw2200. The question is would two pw2200 be better than one Servo15?

Thanks for the input, not sure which way to go.

Post Number: 6
Please need some advice. My research leads me to believe that the two sub option is better. Still not convinced- would really appreciate some thoughts on this matter. One servo 15 or two pw 2200 subs? Thank You

Dave0123
Unregistered guest
Normally speaking the servo sub would be cleaner, but get your local retailer to set up a demo for you.

Post Number: 7
Thanks Dave. Still not sure which way to go. At this time the demo is not feasable. Any other thoughts out there?

Jan Vigne
Unregistered guest
Please check my response to "subwoofer help" for information about two subs vs. big sub. Also, just for the record a servo can only correct something after the mistake has already occurred. There are good servo controlled subs but they aren't necessarily the best answer. Finally, a piece of information I did not include in the above mentioned piece is the difference that additional power amplifier wattage will make. I have responded to several questions in the amplifier section of the forum about additional wattage. Please do a little reading and find the information relating to how much volume you will gain by adding a certain amount of power. This may be helpful to your decision.

Post Number: 8
Thank You Jan, I did read your post from above and it makes sense. I really love the pw2200 and i think adding another one would be the way for me to go. I appreciate the input.

Thanks!

Username: Yamaha

Post Number: 5
Do yourself a favor, if you like bass, go for two servo 15's. Its considerbly better and among the best out there. Back in '98 I had the same situation with choosing one or two Velodyne FSR 18's. I went for two and NEVER regretted. Its only a real issue if you have a very small room. Stan

jimbo123456
Unregistered guest
i have recently purchesed 4 pw2200 and i am having a hard time trying to get them dialed in. it seems like
they are out of phase. i've tried all kinds of differint settings. with 4 differint subs it seems to be harder to get dialed in. i have 1 stacked on top of another on each side up front. any suggestions, thanks

dwsw
Unregistered guest
Jimbo, If your 4 subs are bottom firing, or are ported to the floor, you may try setting them side by side, instead of stacking them. You might try placing one in each corner of the room, having the fronts turned up a little more than the rear, so the most of the impact comes from the front. That would take more wiring but with 4 subs it would be fun to try, and something most of us cannot afford to do. As far as phase is concerned, how are you connecting your source audio to these subs, are you using low level RCA LFE signal for the input, or routing your front speakers through them?

jimbo123456
Unregistered guest
dwsw, i have pw2200's incase your not famulir w/them they are a front firing woofer/rear ported,and nordo they have high level inputs. so ther for i run a rca /lfe from a denon avr3803 to a X-30 then to the pw's. after spending more time w/them i have dialed them in just right. i had 2 old version 2200's sold them and got 2 siesmic 12's loved the sound quality just was'nt quit loud enough. my 4 new pw's still need to be broke in. so i hav'nt played them to hard yet. but i can tell they will in deed be louder. signing off jimbo.

Anonymous

The 2200 is far boomier and less accurate then the Servo 15. The 15 is a true high end piece of gear. The 2200 is loud and impressive like the SVS garbage is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us