Planning to upgrade....

Bronze Member
Username: Pal

PuneIndia

Post Number: 92
Hi

My current setup includes B&W 602S3 driven by Nad 320Bee. I am thinking of an upgrade in near future and was bent towards 162/272, but buying both of these is totally out of my budget.

How would all of you recommend if i use the pre-amp section of existing 320bee and just buy the 272 to be used as the power amp ?

thanks
Manish

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 407
I think that's a good start, the 272 will energise those 602's and even though they are reasonably efficient speakers, they do thrive on having power to spare. You can always get the 162 pre-amp in the future for further improvement. You may even consider the C372 - maybe?

Bronze Member

PuneIndia

Post Number: 93
My Rantz
Thanks for the reply, but i was wondering if 372 be as good as 162/272 ? From what i've been reading here, i am not sure.....what do u say ?

Manish

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 409
Manish

I thought the combo sounded just a tad more dynamic than the 372, but that was my ears and the comparison was done on different days. If money is the problem, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the 372. I'm sure you'll notice the benefits whatever you choose.

Bronze Member

PuneIndia

Post Number: 94
My Rantz

I was able to listen to 162/272 last saturday. But haven't heard 372 yet. How i had planned was to go in for 272 for now, and maybe sometime in future get the 162 as well.
But will definitely try to listen to both 372 and 162/272 before i take a decision.

Thanks
Manish
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us