Yahama rxv3300 or rxv1400

f. kent
Unregistered guest
i am currently looking at purchasing either the yamaha rxv 3300 or the 1400. here is the catch i can get them both for the sme price. its a really good deal on the 3300. which one?
thanks
-k

f. kent
Unregistered guest
i am really new at all this - so i would like to post script my previous message about which one to choose (yahma rxv3300 / rxv1400) with is there a better choice of rceiver for the same money?
thanks again
-k

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 376
What speakers are you going to use with this receiver?

f. kent
Unregistered guest
as far as speakers i am putting together a set of polks which include a set of rt35i and a center csi30 (they were gifts). believe it or not for my main i have an old set of hed floor speakers which will be replaced - no sub woofer as of yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
I would not recommend a Yamaha with Polks. Much too bright and thin sounding IMO. I do like this series of Polk's and think you should use the 35's as your mains for now. I had a pair of 25's in my kitchen and loved them but had a friend who needed a pair for his system and I traded them to him. I miss them alot. As to a receiver for Polk's I would stick with Elite, H/K and Marantz. All will match very well. Check out the Elite53, Marantz 6400 and 7400 and the H/K 430 and 630.

f. kent
Unregistered guest
by your username i would dare to say your chose of the three would be the elite???

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
f.kent,
For my needs yes based on my input needs as the H/K and Marantz I mentioned don't have enough for my system. I like all three very much but do prefer the Elite's for their more generous inputs, and overall elegance. Your needs may be different so give them all a listen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us