Infinity IL40 vs Klipsch SF-2

Jay Anders
Any opinions on Infinity IL40 and also Klipsch SF-2 for main floor speakers in a music mostly (Metallica to Steely Dan to Steve Earl to John McLaughlin) surround set up. Receiver is Denon 2802. Starting from scratch on speakers. Room is 13 X 21 w/wood floors and shutters.

Any other ideas.

I've set up a system with a 2802 & SF-2's and it definatley sounded good, but I've never heard the IL40's so that doesn't really offer much of a comparison!

Jay, I have a set of IL 40's but when the Alpha 50's came out, I bought a pair for the fronts and use the IL 40's for the surrounds. I am quite happy with the sound. Don't know about the Klipsch though.

Klipsch is known as a rock and roll speaker so you will probably like them. Also for slightly more your will be able to get the RF-3. Expect these to come down in price if they haven't already in your area. Due to a new marketing strategy Klipsch is leaving Tweeters and I think Sound Advice so you may find them closed out there. If you are on the west coast check out the Good Guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us