Welcome Back Hawk!

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 85
I saw the name "Hawk" and thought somebody had hijacked your alias. But after reading a few of your posts, I knew it was the real deal. Welcome back. Hope you've been well. I sure miss the old gang on here. How are you making out with your 42W's now that you've had a while to break them in? If I remember correctly, you have your Kyocera CD player hooked up via analog. Do your 42w's have enough bass to allow for direct bypass or are you using a sub? Also, any thoughts on your 42C now that you've been using it a while? Anyway, I hope you continue trolling on here from time to time. It's still a half decent board. Although not like it was IMHO.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 697
Blazer:

Hey, thanks!!! Yes, I find I am missing many of the old gang on this board, but I am gratified you and many others are still around. Had a very crazy year last year, but things are getting back to normal here so I have some time again. I intend to continue to share with others on this board because I find I learn so much, not always about audio, either.

To answer your questions, the Dynaudio 42s have been great, and I have been using them without the use of a sub as I believe they are very nice speakers that are very enjoyable--I can listen for hours without the slightest fatigue. I only use my sub for LFE when playing a DVD or watching Hi-Def programming that has sound encoded in 5.1. However, other events are now changing my strategy. My family loves the HT, and I have far less time to listen to my music as the system is being used for more video-centric programming (My younger daughter loves Comcast On Demand cable shows, most of which are free and she will use the 5.1 sound when available). So, I am finding myself more in my study with my stereo than in my family room with the HT. Therefore, I am moving the Dynaudios to my study for my music listening, replacing my 20 year old Heybrooks which are getting a bit tired. The HT, based around my NAD 753 will now power three NHT L-5s across the front. The Dynaudios will be powered by a Rotel RX-1050 which is in the study. My Kyocera CD player's lush warm sound is exactly what the Rotel needs, so it has made the journey into the Study as well (I also have my Thorens turntable tuned up with a brand new belt and a new stylus for my V15-VMR cartridge so I can listen to my still large album collection--I sure some people are reading this and asking what is that old fool talking about? Turntable?). I am also thinking of replacing my four year old Sony DVD/SACD as it is really showing its age. I would think it should last longer than four years, but it is having some real problems. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2860
I really enjoy the SACD playback of my Denon DVD2910. I listen in 2 channel mode and find it quite engaging.

I've read alot of great things about you Hawk and am glad you have come back. I remember running across your posts in the past as well. Welcome back!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1694
Fresh new(old) bloodlines for the forum.
Sweet!

Silver Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 125
I just wanted to say welcome back, Hawk.

I'm relatively new here and I'm glad to see someone so well respected and admired back on the forum, sharing with us a few words of wisdom in a hobby we all love.

Cheers! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us